He was Primary Sponsor of National Popular Vote but now claims to not know what it is

[Editor: We believe Montenegro - he was told to sponsor that really horrible bill because his controller, CQ, told him too.  He never read it, never did any research, didn't ask any questions and didn't engage a single brain cell that would have told him he was selling out America with that sponsorship!  Is that the kind of person we should be sending to Congress?  Aren't there enough of those kind of lawmakers taking up space there already?]

Peoria, AZ – Sheriff Richard Mack, candidate for US Congress in Arizona’s February 27 special election in CD-8, says he has reached his limit on Steve Montenegro’s hypocrisy for his support of the National Popular Vote. Stated Mack, “Steve Montenegro is a flip flopper of John Kerry proportions. Republicans didn’t want President Al Gore or President Hillary Clinton, but Steve Montenegro followed the dictates of his political superiors and pushed the ‘National Popular Vote’ while in the Arizona Legislature. Now that he is running for Congress he has at various times claimed that he never voted for it, that he voted for it but wasn’t a co-sponsor of it, that he was a Primary Sponsor of it but only because he made a political deal to support it, and that he supported it but that it wouldn’t get rid of the Electoral College.”

Sheriff Mack continued, “The bill he was Primary Sponsor of but now disavows was called the ‘National Popular Vote’, so obviously it violated the Constitution and eliminated the Electoral College. Getting rid of the Electoral College would have given us President Al Gore and President Hillary Clinton, so as a Republican I don’t know why he could think that it was ever a good idea. It certainly wasn’t a principled decision that any conservative would have considered. And as a practical matter it gives more voice to the voters of California and New York at the expense of the voice of Arizona voters, so I don’t see why he thought it was a good idea for that reason either.”

The National Popular Vote bill which Montenegro was a Primary Sponsor of can be found at https://legiscan.com/AZ/sponsors/HB2456/2016

Sheriff Mack also stated, “Steve Montenegro needs to be accountable for his record and quit running from it. Why he thinks that he can fool the voters of CD-8 with his blatant #FakeNews is beyond my comprehension, and I am tired of his not telling the truth on this matter. Leaders lead. He followed his political masters and now he realizes he got fooled by them. We don’t need him in Congress to be fooled by new political masters like Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell. We need principled conservatives who will follow the Constitution.”

“While Sheriff I fought to protect the Constitution by suing the President of the United States and winning a landmark US Supreme Court case,” Mack continued.  “I will continue to fight to preserve and protect the Constitution as a member of Congress and help President Trump ‘drain the swamp’ in the GOP as well.”

Mack gained national attention when he sued President Bill Clinton over the Brady Gun Ban winning in the US Supreme Court. Since that landmark Supreme Court ruling Mack has written six books and appeared at over 300 conservative political rallies nationwide. He has stood against the incursions of the Federal Government and has fought for civil rights from Hawaii to Bangor, Maine. He is the Founder and President of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and is in the NRA Hall of Fame.

-30-                                                                    ###

Republican Liberty Caucus Endorses Sheriff Richard Mack for Arizona's CD8 Special Election

Click here to read about it

Sheriff Richard Mack is a candidate for Congress in the Arizona Special Election GOP Primary on February 27. For more information see www.SheriffRichardMack.com

Views: 240

Replies to This Discussion

Way too many of our elected representatives fail to read the bills they sponsor or vote on.

We need people who represent the citizens who elected them and uphold their oath of office. 

Any candidate who lies to get the job will lie while in the job. Every candidate CQ gets his claws into turns into a liberal sooner or later.  Just say NO to Montenegro.  Say YES to Mack.

This is Old News for most in CD 8, however makes some happy to see, more effective on the streets of CD 8 where we've been campaigning against all Career Politicians for yrs. now with very little help from most in the district or outside of it for that matter. God Bless You All; Clair VAN Steenwyk 

Here's another post on the issue: 

CD 8 WAKE UP NOW B 4 U Vote In A Career Politician!
CD 8 Candidate Montenegro voted 4 this, so who Owns Him?
God Bless You All; Clair VAN Steenwyk

Who the heck is this CQ guy, anyway?  I heard he is a super-powerful consultant and power broker, but is he just a hired gun for any cause that pays well (e.g., NPV)?  Or is he a bundler representing multiple very large donors who push establishment causes and people?  He has to get his power somewhere/somehow.

He's a lick looking guy who pressures most of our AZ legislators into believing they can't get elected without him. He is for sale to the highest bidder and sold out AZ on the NPV- got all those idiot legislators to sponsor NPV and tells them  how to vote.  He fancies himself a power broker but he's just another sell out. Sold out to Soros on NPV. He's a fool and so are the politicians who slobber over him.

Do you know his name?  I'd like to look into him and his role a bit more out of curiosity.

Constantin Querard

He looks like a river boat gambler, slicked back hair, polished looking

I so rarely weigh in on these elections outside my own district.  It does seem that all elected people affect us all.  I do so remember a few years back when I attended opening day at the legislature and sat right behind Mr. Montenegro's family. Oh, they were so proud of him. He was a conservative then. Something terrible happens to these people, citizen candidates, after a term or two. I do appreciate Sheriff Mack and do believe he has the right stuff to represent Arizona. His very persona and the way he presents himself says "Honorable" so I do so hope he gets elected. Oh, but it is such a large field. This can go either way.  Mr. Franks erred when he endorsed Mr. Montenegro.  That is a very poor way to end his political career.  It was time. these people stay too long in office.  President G. Washington set the right tone with only two terms and resisted pressure to run for another.  Mr. McCain could learn a thing or two from that President.

It would seem the motives and ethics of Montenegro are clear. The City/State control of the popular vote automatically overwhelms and eliminates the effects of the Electoral College, which is unconstitutional, at best. I would like to see a debate of these candidates, so we can see what position each candidate has on the subject of voter fraud by illegal aliens. Why are these laws NOT being enforced? Responsibility  and accountability seem to be missing in government. How do YOU feel about these issues, Sheriff Mack? This video fully explains why these issues must be fixed, or we lose our country.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGG0uWyy49k

I'd like to know how many of you actually live in CD 8 and if not did your Representatives Vote for the National Popular Vote or sponsor it, if so do you intend to find someone to run against them, for me if they'll sell you out on this one, then the next question is how many other bills have they done this on that aren't as high a profile you don't know about, the Web they weave is for us. I believe all if not most also voted to put PROP 123 on the Ballot as well, ever after Dewit fought against it, but then the Gov. wanted it, you know just like he wanted SB 1469 stripping the Constitutional Authority from Supt. of Public Instruction handing it over to a Gov. appointed board of Czars, also a unconstitutional bill & vote. God Bless You All; Clair VAN Steenwyk 

AZ Representatives Recorded Votes On the National Popular Vote!

Will AZ GOP Citizens Vote 4 those that Voted to give the office of President to Clinton? The Democrats voted 4 this knew it meant control of the WH for the next 20+ yrs. The Question to ask the GOP House Members is Why did 20 of them Vote 4 It, which betrayed the people who Voted 4 them. Remember Past Votes / History maybe repeated on this & other issues, but don’t support / vote 4 them again.

God Bless You All; Clair VAN Steenwyk

AZ Legislators Votes on HB2456 National Popular Vote!

House 3rd Reading Votes;: https://legiscan.com/AZ/rollcall/HB2456/id/491283

BILL STATUS VOTES FOR HB2456 – Third Reading, GOP 20 Yes Votes & 14 No’s
Y =Yes  N =No  EXC =Excused  V =Vacant  NV =Not Voting Marked with Aqua Sponsored!

Member Name

Vote

Member Name

Vote

Member Name

Vote

J. Christopher Ackerley

Y

John M. Allen

Y

Lela Alston

Y

Richard C. Andrade

Y

Brenda Barton

N

Jennifer D. Benally

Y

Reginald Bolding Jr.

NV

Sonny Borrelli

Y

Russell "Rusty" Bowers

N

Paul Boyer

Y

Kate Brophy McGee

N

Noel W. Campbell

Y

Mark A. Cardenas

N

Heather Carter

N

Ken Clark

Y

Regina Cobb

Y

Doug Coleman

Y

Diego Espinoza

Y

Karen Fann

N

Eddie Farnsworth

N

Charlene R. Fernandez

Y

Mark Finchem

Y

Randall Friese

Y

Rosanna Gabaldón

Y

Sally Ann Gonzales

NV

Rick Gray

Y

Albert Hale

Y

Anthony Kern

Y

Matthew A. Kopec

Y

Jonathan R. Larkin

Y

Jay Lawrence Sponsor

N

Vince Leach

Y

David Livingston Sponsor

Y

Phil Lovas

N

Stefanie Mach

Y

Debbie McCune Davis

Y

Juan Jose Mendez

Y

Javan D. "J.D." Mesnard

Y

Eric Meyer

Y

Darin Mitchell

N

Steve Montenegro

Y

Jill Norgaard

N

Justin Olson

N

Lisa A. Otondo

Y

Warren H. Petersen

N

Celeste Plumlee

Y

Franklin M. Pratt

Y

Rebecca Rios

Y

Tony Rivero Sponsor

NV

Bob Robson

Y

Macario Saldate

Y

Thomas "T.J." Shope

Y

David W. Stevens

Y

Bob Thorpe

Y

Kelly Townsend Sponsor 

NV

Michelle B. Ugenti-Rita

N

Ceci Velasquez

Y

Jeff Weninger

N

Bruce Wheeler

N

David M. Gowan Sr.

Y

House Rules Committee: https://legiscan.com/AZ/rollcall/HB2456/id/491283

House Elections Committee: https://legiscan.com/AZ/rollcall/HB2456/id/489340

List of Sponsors: https://legiscan.com/AZ/bill/HB2456/2016

I don't live in CD8 but their votes affect all of us. my House member did not vote for NPV.

Notice that Boyer in LD20 DID so please vote for Charles Loftus in that race in Aug

Yes they do and have been trying to get voters all over the state to realize all elections might be local but Federal & State Elections effect all of us and we need to pay attention to what these Career Politicians are doing to all of us not just in AZ but the Nation, only due diligence works, check their Records not their Rhetoric. Montenegro is another climber and can't be trusted already bought and paid for, the $$$$$$$$$$ being spent by the Career Politicians and Pacs one question what are they buying and where is it coming from, certainly can't afford this on their meager salaries, as they've told us they really need a raise just last yr. remember, so once again where's the money coming from, not me. God Bless You; Clair VAN Steenwyk 

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service