Its surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit
[Editor: Expect more Californians to be moving to Arizona, threatening to turn our state blue. They come ere to avoid the shafting of the taxpayers in California. They bring their progressive ideas with them, most register as Democrat voters and before we know it, poof! We are California East. Maybe we can start an exchange system: McCain for 10 Californians than and one for one exchange after that. They send one progressive Californian here, we send the Paul Penzone; one progressive in exchange, we send Andres Torres, the new Maricopa County Recorder and so on. What do you think?]
Update today from Jeff Stone, Republican State Senator R-CA
Hello my friends,
Friday will be the end of this legislative year. Here are some of the highlights of this session:
1. SB-1: increases your gas taxes by approximately 20 Cents per gallon (Nov) and your vehicle license fees by an average of $100 (Jan 1st).
2. Passed Cap N Tax which will increase gas 0.63 to 0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it.
3. Proposed increase on a new tax every residence will pay for tap water in the State!
4. A $3.46B parks bond to pay for parks in "disadvantaged communities" (meaning Los Angeles). We will get the crumbs. The debt service will be over $200 million a year. The good news is some money goes to help fix the Salton Sea which should have always been a State responsibility!
5. Law to release any lifer (murder, rape , child molestation, etc) who is:
A. 60 years old
B. Already spend 25 years in prison!
Charles Manson qualifies today and the Melendez brothers that murdered their parents could be released in about 12 years? What about victims?
6. A new $10 charge on all residents living in a mobile home parks to address living condition enforcement in those parks? Why does the left embrace these regressive taxes on the poor?
7. Blackmail Tesla to either unionize with the United Auto Workers Union or forfeit State incentives to buy their electric cars! Just another Union Grab!
8. Reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the purposeful intent to transmit the AIDS virus to a unknowing partner.
9. Give preferential treatment to prisoners convicted of serious crimes that are less than 25 years old because their brains are not mature enough to understand right from wrong. Whaaat? My DAD's belt taught me right from wrong real early in my life! If the brains of our kids don't mature until 25, why do we allow them to vote?
10. A bill to require our true sex be omitted from drivers licenses? Whaaat?
11. Free legal services for illegal immigrants.
12. Establish safe "injection zones" run by government to oversee people injecting heroin! You have to be kidding me? Yep it passed!
Enough good news for today. Back tomorrow with an update on our last minute legislative surprises.
It's an honor to represent you!
Jeff Stone, Republican state senator
Just as Obamacare didn't give us any "care" these representative bills will do nothing to address the real problem within California .... the taxpayers are leaving!
Democrats DO NOTHING that would increase the taxpayer base anymore than Detroit has increased its own population. In increasing numbers those that are left will face the burden of any shortfall of tax dollars. In America we need more TAXPAYERS ... not parasites ... living off the working payers of that government largess.
Thank God my wife and I escaped CA 6 years ago and retired here in Payson. Lots of us did and will. But most whom I have met left because of the high and growing taxes and stupid laws, wanting to leave Progressivism behind. The last thing we want to do is see AZ turn from purple-red to blue. Then where'll we go?
But to the editor's point, AZ is at risk from the socialistic expectations of many coming in who look to the government to solve problems and make their lives better. That is the predominant culture of many Latino countries where existence is so dismal (relative to ours) that an individual person is so overwhelmed by the prospects of doing it by himself that he is understandably desperate for help from others. I have empathy for their dilemma, but the resultant costs to our society have become beyond just burdensome. CA continues to reel from the resultant impact of the one-party takeover by the Progressive Democrats, leading to nonsensical laws as listed above.
Actually, there are lots of Conservatives in CA. But we are badly outnumbered by Commies, Socialists, Progressives and Fascists. Conservative are leaving in droves, leaving us even more outnumbered. Yes, Lefties are also leaving, making states like OR, WA and NV Blue. Hopefully not AZ, but you've already got terrible RINO Senators McShame and Flaky.
GMiller, come on over. We need every conservative vote. Your vote will still count here.
The T R U T H in simple terms of ... What is happening to America.
Great video, but the Progressives like to say that if we can help one person, the costs are worth it. Not logical, but emotionally imperative to them.
And that helping that one person might just be damaging to 50 others never seems to occur to them. Or maybe it does!
a Having lived there for decades, I remember all too well that CA prides itself in being forerunner, leading the nation toward progress and improvement on everything from open borders to income re-distribution to empathizing with criminals to aggressive regulations to save the planet, and on and on. Few of them have any clue about Progressivism and its end goals, but they have bought into the individual tenets of it.
It is truly interesting to me that many, many, foreigners, whether from California, or other countries, think that bringing their failed culture with them is somehow an appropriate action. They need to be asking themselves why they feel the need to leave their homes and move to some other place?
Who was it that said doing the same thing over and over, but expecting a different result, is absolutely illogical?
ALL these "foreigners" need to start thinking through what they are doing, instead of attempting to create another failed culture -- exactly like the one that they felt the need to flee from, no less, instead of getting involved and attempting to fix the problems they were experiencing in their own home areas.
It is worthy to note many of the founders of this country didn't run, they stood up -- and did what was necessary to make changes.
This is a very old video. I think I saw it in about 2009 or thereabouts. It is as true today as it was when I first saw it. I'd forgotten about how powerfully it tells the story. Thanks, John, for posting it.
It has been updated, but you are absolutely correct, the facts haven't changed since forever. Maybe now, with Pres. Trump making some serious demands to fix the problems, things might, I say, might, get better. What we are currently doing is insane and completely destructive to our country's continued existence.
I did hear that one of the reasons Steve Bannon left the administration is that he could be MUCH MORE effective running a campaign against the establishment RINO's that are "never Trumpers". I support that initiative to remove the swamp creatures from the Republican brand. God is on our side.