This was published on azcentral.com  You need an account to read the entire artcle.  Use the headline from this to search on their site.  We post this because we posted the same activity by Wendy Rogers who distributed an 8 page "newspaper" pretending it was real news but is only about Wendy since her campaign thought it was a good idea to try to trick voters.  It now seems Kelli Ward is doing the same thing.

Someone along the way commented on Ward's drumbeat to get Arpaio out of the race.  The statement, loosely, went like this:  Trump had  eleven opponents.  Not once did he call for any to drop out.  

We believe every person in America can strive to run for office.  They need only get sufficient signatures to get on the ballot but do not need anyone's permission.  The voters will do the rest.

NOTE:  Pres. Trump has avoided endorsing or supporting anyone in this race but if he did, he may well endorse his friend from day one, Joe Arpaio.  The other two are faking having been on the Trump Train from the beginning.  Thanks to RJ for this report.

#####

Yvonne Wingett Sanchez

ArizonaRepublic | USATODAYNETWORK

Kelli Ward, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate, is distributing a campaign flyer with a photo of herself standing alongside President Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Trump agreed to pose for a photo with Ward during the December 2017 visit but specifically asked that it not be shared, according to a White House official who witnessed the brief exchange but is not authorized to speak publicly about it.

Ward, a former state senator from Lake Havasu City, has been seeking the president’s endorsement since the earliest days of her campaign; she also failed to capture Trump’s endorsement during her unsuccessful 2016 primary challenge of U.S. Sen. John McCain. For nearly a year, Ward has touted a tweet in which Trump invoked her name while slamming U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake, who is retiring.

The matter is not trivial: Trump’s blessing could be a crucial factor in the

three-way Republican primary race, which also includes former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a Trump political ally, and U.S. Rep. Martha McSally, who also has been touting her access to Trump on the campaign trail.

So far, Trump has not officially endorsed any candidate in the Arizona GOP race.

Early ballots for the primary will be mailed out Wednesday.

Prior to emailing questions Monday afternoon to Ward’s campaign spokesman about her use of the photo, The Arizona Republic could find no other instances in which the photo of Ward and Trump was shared.

Monday evening — after her campaign exchanged emails with The Republic about whether Ward had permission to distribute the photo — Ward blasted out the photo of her with Trump on Twitter, along with a tweet he posted in August 2017.

Ward wrote in the tweet that she thanks God every day for Trump and “the amazing job he is doing” to “Make America Great Again,” a nod to the president’s 2016 campaign slogan.

Zachery Henry, Ward’s spokesman, said in an emailed statement that the White House official’s description of the “photograph/conversation” was inaccurate.

“Dr. Ward is quite proud to have spent time with the President and received his tweet of encouragement last year,” Henry wrote, adding that the other two GOP candidates are playing up their own relationships with Trump.

The White House’s press office did not respond to a request for comment.

A person familiar with the operations of the Trump campaign said in a written statement Thursday that the president “likes all of the candidates in the race very much” and looks forward to supporting the Republican nominee in the general election.

“President Trump has not endorsed anyone in the GOP Senate primary in Arizona and any photos or other general expressions of support shouldn’t be read as such,” the person wrote.

The small photo on Ward’s flyer appears on the left-hand corner of a onepage primer illustrating the differences between Ward and rival McSally, of Tucson.

McSally is the best-funded Republican in the primary, and polls show her leading. She is currently on the air with ads using sound bites from Trump praising her as “the real deal” and “tough.”

The picture could imply Ward has landed an endorsement she does not have in a race where Trump’s approval is the most coveted endorsement of all.

The flyer’s photo is accompanied by the August 2017 tweet from Trump that blasted Flake, who condemned the nastiness of Republican politics in the era of Trump in announcing he would not seek re-election.

“Great to see that Dr. Kelli Ward is running against Flake Jeff Flake, who is WEAK on borders, crime and a nonfactor in Senate,” Trump’s tweet said. “He’s toxic!”

Trump’s tweet has been featured on the campaign’s social-media pages for the past 11 months, Henry wrote.

“... and we’re quite proud of it,” Henry wrote. “Especially considering our two GOP opponents have received no such public encouragement from the President.”

Ward’s flyer added a speech bubble that pointed to Trump’s tweet.

The bubble said, “AND ‘Martha McSally is Worse than Jeff Flake,’ ” a reference to a headline from an opinion story published on the politically conservative website Townhall.com.

Ward’s campaign flyer was distributed to voters at a Republican women’s club event last week.

For many of these voters, candidates’ loyalty to Trump is the key to their vote.

They are fed up with Arizona’s two senators, McCain and Flake, whose animosity with Trump began in 2015, soon after Trump announced his presidential bid.

All of the candidates for the GOP primary are touting their relationship with Trump in campaign ads, during media interviews and in stump speeches.

If elected, Ward pledged to help the president build a wall along the U.S.Mexico border and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“Strongly supports President Trump and is a true advocate for the America First agenda — proudly voted for him in 2016,” her campaign flyer said, in attempting to draw a contrast with McSally.

McSally did not endorse Trump in the 2016 election — and may not have voted for him.

Follow the reporter on Twitter @yvonnewingett and on Facebook. Reach her at yvonne.wingett@arizona republic.com.

Views: 511

Replies to This Discussion

Looks like the swamp will not be drained from Az.  I am soooo sick of  all the pretenders!  I think I'll write in myself!

Unnamed, unknown sources  seem to be driving more public debate.  Innuendo, twists of words, spliced soundbites and outright lies are presented as truth. The distortions perpetrated in polling alone are suspicious as we learned in the 2016 election. I am ready to drain the swamp and will vote accordingly as will most true-blue Arizona patriots.

Joe Arpaio has done some great things; however, he turned 86 last month.  Were he to win the primary and prevail in the general, he would be 92 by the end of his first term--assuming he lives that long..

One may label Ward and Rogers as "pretenders"--which I do not think they are--but the bottom line is that Arpaio is simply too old to take on this fight.  His continued presence in the race will likely assure a primary win for McSally to whom the "pretender" label could accurately be attached.

Whatever else one might dislike about Ward, she is no McCain nor is she--unlike McSally--in the hip pocket of McConnell.  As the patriot that he is, Arpaio needs to gracefully bow out and endorse Ward.  Arpaio will not win the primary.  He will, however, play the part of a spoiler.

It's a shame that so many candidates are running as "Trumper all along" candidates when many of us remember they weren't.  Why not just say, it took me a while but I saw the light and damn glad I did and NOW a true loyalist to Trump." But they won't be that truthful. We stink in the candidate for senate dept.

This has been said before- I resent Ward calling for Arpaio to drop out.  It's unseemly and shows a tremendous lack of confidence in herself and might I say a large part of arrogance. No one should call for any candidate to drop out.  That is NOT the American way.  Candidates should win because 1. they are the better choice 2. They campaign to win and not whine 3. they show a bit of grace toward their opponents.  I had intended to vote Ward holding my nose but with all her whining about Joe being in the race, not so sure now.

I happen to agree the Good Sheriff should have dropped out. We all can love what the Sheriff tried to do for us but at the same time be pragmatic for his chance of winning in the primary and even more his chance to win in the general even if he prevailed in the primary. 

I ask McCain to resign and wrote letters as well to the editor calling for him to resign.

I don't view the request to resign as a negative but rather a common sense request.

In Arizona, we have a tradition. Place a third candidate as a spoiler candidate, and many have come before, that will allow the RINO to win. I respect Kelli Ward for speaking her heart. Thousands of us have tried to talk sense into Joe but he will not accept the wisdom.

Well, Angie, then you must have been uncomfortable in 2016 when Ward was the third candidate to enter that race.  Meluskey filed in January on the first day he was eligible to file.  Ward filed in May or June of the year, making her, after McCain who everyone knew would be running again, the third candidate in that race. The she started to whine about Alex being the spoiler and activists started to whine calling Meluskey the spoiler when HE was the first one to file.  I don't respect Ward for creating a false narrative in 2016.  I don't respect her now for whining.  If she campaigns hard, spends the necessary money and engages the voters, she will win.  Just like Trump did!  Elections are decided by voters, ignorant tho most are, not other candidates whining every day.  As to Joe, he has as much right to run as Ward and I  don't like that he entered the race either. Not because he is a "spoiler" because as was pointed out, Trump ran against 11 opponents and candidates run in crowded fields every election as is their right to do.  And duty, too.  If there is a spoiler, and I reject that entire stupid argument, it would be McSally, right?  But don't ask her to drop out.  That's not the place of another candidate and makes them look weak.

Jaspersgoat,

why should one conservative candidate in a race never call for another--who is polling significantly lower--to drop out when a 3rd candidate is the clear choice of the establishment?  

I've seen many a race in this state with just that scenario and invariably the result is the primary election of the establishment's candidate.  Republicans in general and conservatives in particular have a real problem in this regard.  Remember the field last go round with Flake?  One establishment candidate--Flake--and multiple conservative candidates.

What is "NOT the American way" about winnowing down the conservative field and thereby take a better shot at defeating the establishment?

Again Sheriff Joe has done some good things.  Continuing this race, one he will not win, is not one of them.  He should put his ego aside and ensure that McSally is defeated.  If he fails to do so and she prevails--as I believe she will--it will be a stain on an otherwise honorable record and he will forever be remembered as the guy who perpetuated the McCain/Flake train.

Bingo!

Vaquero, I answered part of that question above. For some reason, some candidates think they deserve a clear field so they don't have to work so hard or be creative as to running a campaign.  If any candidate can win, then ANY candidate can win if they woo the voters.  Candidates don't get to winnow down their opponents. We have elections so that voters can decide.  that is the system. Show me where in the Constitution says candidates get to decide who can run and who shouldn't. No candidate that ever ran for office could tell you who would win or should tell another candidate "I'm more deserving than you so you have to get out of my way."  And by the way, Ward polls well back of Sinema and McSally is in a dead heat and that is in independent polling. There is still time to change that but the ballots are printed and in the mail and no one can drop out now.

Ward has every right to tell it like it is. I share her view of the good Sheriff.

Polls are not trustable.

Ward has worked hard -- McSally has been AWOL and if she shows at an event she arrives late and leaves early or worse she sends a canned video.

Folks come on do you really want another McCain and McFlake for a Senator? McSally is a cutout from the same cloth.

Patricia - I very much agree with you!

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service