This was published on azcentral.com  You need an account to read the entire artcle.  Use the headline from this to search on their site.  We post this because we posted the same activity by Wendy Rogers who distributed an 8 page "newspaper" pretending it was real news but is only about Wendy since her campaign thought it was a good idea to try to trick voters.  It now seems Kelli Ward is doing the same thing.

Someone along the way commented on Ward's drumbeat to get Arpaio out of the race.  The statement, loosely, went like this:  Trump had  eleven opponents.  Not once did he call for any to drop out.  

We believe every person in America can strive to run for office.  They need only get sufficient signatures to get on the ballot but do not need anyone's permission.  The voters will do the rest.

NOTE:  Pres. Trump has avoided endorsing or supporting anyone in this race but if he did, he may well endorse his friend from day one, Joe Arpaio.  The other two are faking having been on the Trump Train from the beginning.  Thanks to RJ for this report.

#####

Yvonne Wingett Sanchez

ArizonaRepublic | USATODAYNETWORK

Kelli Ward, a Republican U.S. Senate candidate, is distributing a campaign flyer with a photo of herself standing alongside President Donald Trump at his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida.

Trump agreed to pose for a photo with Ward during the December 2017 visit but specifically asked that it not be shared, according to a White House official who witnessed the brief exchange but is not authorized to speak publicly about it.

Ward, a former state senator from Lake Havasu City, has been seeking the president’s endorsement since the earliest days of her campaign; she also failed to capture Trump’s endorsement during her unsuccessful 2016 primary challenge of U.S. Sen. John McCain. For nearly a year, Ward has touted a tweet in which Trump invoked her name while slamming U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake, who is retiring.

The matter is not trivial: Trump’s blessing could be a crucial factor in the

three-way Republican primary race, which also includes former Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, a Trump political ally, and U.S. Rep. Martha McSally, who also has been touting her access to Trump on the campaign trail.

So far, Trump has not officially endorsed any candidate in the Arizona GOP race.

Early ballots for the primary will be mailed out Wednesday.

Prior to emailing questions Monday afternoon to Ward’s campaign spokesman about her use of the photo, The Arizona Republic could find no other instances in which the photo of Ward and Trump was shared.

Monday evening — after her campaign exchanged emails with The Republic about whether Ward had permission to distribute the photo — Ward blasted out the photo of her with Trump on Twitter, along with a tweet he posted in August 2017.

Ward wrote in the tweet that she thanks God every day for Trump and “the amazing job he is doing” to “Make America Great Again,” a nod to the president’s 2016 campaign slogan.

Zachery Henry, Ward’s spokesman, said in an emailed statement that the White House official’s description of the “photograph/conversation” was inaccurate.

“Dr. Ward is quite proud to have spent time with the President and received his tweet of encouragement last year,” Henry wrote, adding that the other two GOP candidates are playing up their own relationships with Trump.

The White House’s press office did not respond to a request for comment.

A person familiar with the operations of the Trump campaign said in a written statement Thursday that the president “likes all of the candidates in the race very much” and looks forward to supporting the Republican nominee in the general election.

“President Trump has not endorsed anyone in the GOP Senate primary in Arizona and any photos or other general expressions of support shouldn’t be read as such,” the person wrote.

The small photo on Ward’s flyer appears on the left-hand corner of a onepage primer illustrating the differences between Ward and rival McSally, of Tucson.

McSally is the best-funded Republican in the primary, and polls show her leading. She is currently on the air with ads using sound bites from Trump praising her as “the real deal” and “tough.”

The picture could imply Ward has landed an endorsement she does not have in a race where Trump’s approval is the most coveted endorsement of all.

The flyer’s photo is accompanied by the August 2017 tweet from Trump that blasted Flake, who condemned the nastiness of Republican politics in the era of Trump in announcing he would not seek re-election.

“Great to see that Dr. Kelli Ward is running against Flake Jeff Flake, who is WEAK on borders, crime and a nonfactor in Senate,” Trump’s tweet said. “He’s toxic!”

Trump’s tweet has been featured on the campaign’s social-media pages for the past 11 months, Henry wrote.

“... and we’re quite proud of it,” Henry wrote. “Especially considering our two GOP opponents have received no such public encouragement from the President.”

Ward’s flyer added a speech bubble that pointed to Trump’s tweet.

The bubble said, “AND ‘Martha McSally is Worse than Jeff Flake,’ ” a reference to a headline from an opinion story published on the politically conservative website Townhall.com.

Ward’s campaign flyer was distributed to voters at a Republican women’s club event last week.

For many of these voters, candidates’ loyalty to Trump is the key to their vote.

They are fed up with Arizona’s two senators, McCain and Flake, whose animosity with Trump began in 2015, soon after Trump announced his presidential bid.

All of the candidates for the GOP primary are touting their relationship with Trump in campaign ads, during media interviews and in stump speeches.

If elected, Ward pledged to help the president build a wall along the U.S.Mexico border and repeal the Affordable Care Act.

“Strongly supports President Trump and is a true advocate for the America First agenda — proudly voted for him in 2016,” her campaign flyer said, in attempting to draw a contrast with McSally.

McSally did not endorse Trump in the 2016 election — and may not have voted for him.

Follow the reporter on Twitter @yvonnewingett and on Facebook. Reach her at yvonne.wingett@arizona republic.com.

Views: 485

Replies to This Discussion

Uh, Patricia, did you actually read the article?  It said right in it.

Pat, A lot is said in print each day. 

I have difficulty understanding the fine line crossing of a candidate who implies basically that she is great buds with the President while speechifying at events and a candidate whose campaign has been all about America First Agenda and supporting our President using a photo in a campaign. Now just because a thing is said there is much to consider around the said thing. That is where I remain.

Pat J,

the article is a hit piece.  First, consider the source, The Arizona Republic.  Second, article mentions that McSally is using sound bites of the President "praising her as  'the real deal' and 'tough' ;" yet, no suggestion is made that she is misleading voters. 

Finally, the article uses the same tactic that is used by the media against the President with regularity:  an unnamed White House official who purportedly said the President consented to the photo op but "specifically asked that it not be shared."  Yet, the same official " is not authorized to speak publicly about it."  So why is the official speaking publicly about it to The Arizona Republic?

Later, the article states that "the White House’s press office did not respond to a request for comment."  If the use of a photo op by Ward were such a big deal and she breached a promise to the President not to use the photo, why was she not reprimanded by the press office when pushed for a comment by the Republic?

This whole deal is a nothing burger.  So too the call for Arpaio to drop out--as well he should.

The real issue is whether the press--baying at the White House door like a pack of rabid hounds--the democrats, Mueller, and many members of the GOP can force a duly elected President from office.  Should the House present the Senate with articles of impeachment, how many GOP senators would vote to convict?  McConnell, Graham, McSally--if elected--who is McConnell's girl, would they vote nay?  I doubt it.

The other real issue is the incessant spending by a GOP controlled House and Senate.  It threatens to bring this  nation to an economic implosion as we reach Greece like levels of debt to GDP.

Yet, so many here prattle on about the constitution, the UN and the federal reserve; about a photo op and call for Arpaio to exit the race.  If the President is forced from office and spending is not halted, all is lost.  Trump is not the issue:  the movement he represents is and if he goes down, so too does the movement.  It is vital that Ward defeat McSally in the primary.  The window for the movement is very narrow.

I'm just guessing here, but it may well be that Trump is not backing Ward publicly only because of his loyalty to Sheriff Joe resulting from Joe's very strong support in the presidential primary campaign.  The fact that Trump is not vigorously campaigning for Joe is very telling.  Who does he really want to be our next Senator?

Mike, I suspect that a backing of a candidate in primary contested race we have 3 republicans running is just a difficult thing to do. Pictures I have seen  shows McSally at mtg in the WH setting next to Mitch McConnell who is setting next to POTUS. Can't remember if Paul Ryan was also at the mtg. That photo would have value to McSally.

What is also in consideration for me is why taking McFlake to the meeting so important to Mitch McConnell?

I just can't get perturbed at the Ward campaign for using a photo of picture with the President.

One can ask for a thing doesn't mean you get what you want.

It is quite different for a candidate to be seated and photoed beside our President at a WH meeting than a photo op at a campaign event. I think if President Trump said to me, sure you can have a photo but please don't use it as part of your campaign, and I said, No, I won't, then I did, that is a crisis of character.  You minimize it down as just a photo but I see it as a matter of integrity.  Promise made, got what I want, promise broken. You would never overlook this same action if it was a democrat getting a photo op with Hillary or Bernie with the same request not to use it.  I see the leftist behavior is seeping into our behavior, just what all the protests are about. Break down society, lies become ok, broken promises mean nothing.  A slippery slope some on the post are willing to take.

A reporter at the Arizona Republic claimed an anonymous source who said that our President Trump asked Ward not to use a photo. For heaven's sake, get a grip.

Yes good advice "For heaven's sake, get a grip."

A self proclaimed reporter who knew someone who had a friend who heard a conversation between two people at Costco said that President Trump asked Ward not to use the photo.  

Best laugh all YEAR! Thank you so much.

Hey, Larry.  I am that friend who heard that.  Then he said Trump told Sinema that he would pose with her if she didn't use the photo in her campaign.  I guess it worked that time because i have seen all of Sinema's ads and not once is Trump in any of them. Ha ha ha I guess he just needed to ask the right person. :-)  ;-)    0;/   /;0

Larry, I think your post is a message to take to heart e.g. don't allow one's underwear to get in a twist over this photo issue.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service