Our World is Rapidly Worsening

-A.E. Houseman-

As Christians I think we would all agree that Houseman's assessment of our culture is correct and all too self-evident. I'm sure there are many reasons for this fact. Behind the scenes in the spiritual realm the Devil, Satan, the Prince of Darkness blinds the eyes of the unbelieving and distorts the truth of God's word. One of the biggest lies is articulated by Atheism.

The worldview of Atheism rejects the sacred and reduces everything to the secular. It comes through many venues. One source is Romanticism and its resulting Humanism. This led to Scientific Positivism or Darwinian Naturalism. (Nature is the whole show.) This produced the chilling political philosophy of Karl Marx called Materialism. His goal was to eliminate the sacred and reduce everything to the secular or the material. This view reduces everything to physical, material or trace elements, and results in seeing, according to B.F.Skinner, "no essential difference between a rat, a radish, or a person." In Atheism there is no transcendent objective truth from God, only subjective values that change on the whims of man. Ethics that determine right and wrong or good and bad are replaced with the options of legal or illegal. Morality in a secular world has mutated from its sacred source because 'True Truth' is the casualty in a culture devoid of the transcendent Christ.

It is true that our world is rapidly worsening, but this is not a new state of affairs. The Lord Jesus and the early church did not live in a friendly environment.  Hostility and hatred toward Christ and Christians is to be understood not as the new norm, but the norm. Jesus told his apostles, and by extension us, that the world will hate Christians because the world hated Christ. Jesus said, "In the world you will have tribulation but take courage I have overcome the world."

So, unless your goal is to sneak into heaven incognito, then welcome to the war. But remember, the nature of the war is not only secular or physical on earth but spiritual in the heavenly places. We must always remember that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against rulers and powers and spiritual forces. (Eph. 6:12). So take up the full armor of God. (Eph. 6:13-18)  

We need them all, but which piece of the armor of God do you need most today?

Serving Him with you

Until He comes for us,

It was the apostle Paul who promised;

"All those who desire to live godly in Christ Jesus will suffer persecution."

(2 Tim. 3:12) 

Views: 181

Replies to This Discussion

I don't believe our world is worsening.  It's easy to conclude that for many reasons....more media coverage, the internet, more hype, more people involved and politically aware.........OK.

But to continue the banter that everybody else is doing is akin to defeatism.  What does it profit to focus more on the "bad" things than the "good" things that are happening around the world. 

Maybe part of the reason that more people think that the world is getting in worse condition is because more people are echoing just that.  And continuing the hype helps no-one out more than the Elites in the world out for a One World Government.  What if we all decided that we were going to focus on the "good" things More than the "bad"?  You know what.....the Elites would be up in arms, they'd become frantic.  You see, I'm tired of unknowingly serving their purposes.

And BTW, I've been at War for several years now, and if more people were at War with the destructive elements in the world...........the world would be more peaceful.

Bravo, Larry.  Those claiming worsening see through very narrow eyes.

I believe that both Larry and Houseman are correct.  In reality, the world has been terrible in many ways since the fall of man. Look at the old testament. Look at the dark ages.  Look at the terrible wars and despotic rulers over the time of man's existence. At the same time, the world does feel worse now. Maybe it's because we have been so blessed by so much in the past that now that we are seeing the deliberate rise of ISIS and the power of those who support that terror, the willful murder of unborn children sanctioned by churches and governments, parents who forget they have children to raise and guide, we FEEL the pain more. It does feel worse to those who have not suffered tragedy or hardship or abuse.  I do like Larry's point of view - focus on all God's blessings. And while we are at it, don't turn your back on Satan so that you miss what he is up to so we, God's blessed people, might move to stamp it out.

I believe we all tend to judge the general condition of the whole world and the sensational traits of events based on the little (comparatively) history we've learned, but mostly on our personal life experience.

As such we are much more willing to accept the "End of Times," being imminent, the Apocolypse has begun, and Doomsday is nigh.  I guess for some, in some psychological way, it fulfills a hope that they are in some way special to be chosen to experience the prophecies delivered in the Book of Revelation. 

I, however, tend to believe that only God knows when those events will transpire, so I will not live my life in preparation for the end.  Instead, I will try to live my to personally become the person that God made me to be.  That's plenty to which I must try to aspire. 

The problem with those who profess that things are headed south "in the proverbial handbasket," is that it may, in fact, distract some (or many) from doing what needs to be done today for tomorrow -- "The end is coming... tomorrow.  I need to prepare myself for the end."  

We have all heard that Satan's greatest accomplishment is that he has convinced so many people that he doesn't exist.  I would add that his second greatest accomplishment is that he has convinced so many people that see the evil in his work, that it is actually caused because God allowed it to happen.

Of course, as Christians, we must all be aware that there WILL be a Judgment Day.  But let's not forget that each day until that, to me anyway, unknown time, we must live and act as Christians, as Jesus taught us. Standing down from our daily battles is not preparing for the end.

As for the 'End Times' scenario, many look forward to it, but that's not what the Lord says.  He says,

Amos 5:18 Woe unto you that desire the day of the LORD! to what end is it for you? the day of the LORD is darkness, and not light.
Amos 5:19 As if a man did flee from a lion, and a bear met him; or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

Thanks, Terry. I do believe that people are influenced to fulfill the bad stuff they think to be true.... self-fulfilling prophecy.  I do not and will not ever believe that God allows Satan to win. God in His infinite wisdom gave man free will and man has often made a mess of things despite God's will.

I agree with this post.  Culture drives politics, and there has been a concerted effort within the media, entertainment industry, the Left, our educational system, etc., etc. to replace God with Atheism.  Evolution is taught as fact, not theory.  When you believe that human beings evolved from apes, we wonder why we should treat people other than just another animal.  People even begin to act like animals.  Compare this with the idea that we are made in the image of God.  
It is horrible to ignore what's going on in our culture, especially because the people it is hurting the most is a group I've been watching for quite a while: Teenagers.  Suicide has reached an all time high among teen girls, according to the Center for Disease Control.  "The CDC data shows the suicide rate doubled between 2007 and 2015 for girls between the ages of 15 and 19, and it tripled between girls aged 12 to 14. The government's been tracking these numbers since 1975." 
We should be very concerned about this.  We shouldn't ignore the unpleasant news.  How can we fight it, if we refuse to open our eyes to it?  WHY ARE THESE THINGS HAPPENING? 
THIS ONE, FEATURING A FORMER DISNEY STAR, GLORIFIES SELF-MUTILATION.  https://vigilantcitizen.com/musicbusiness/selena-gomezs-fetish-is-s...
I COULD POST HUNDREDS MORE.  nothing to see here....move on? 

I believe (and see) that only the worst makes it into the general media.  And, along with the internet, "bad" news goes across the world in minutes.  And *that* is what most folks believe is the total reality.  I get quite bored with those who claim some "higher" awareness based upon their own belief system(s). 

I awaken daily with the thought that I've been given another glorious day, free to enjoy and celebrate my friends, family and (especially) the brilliant and talented woman who shares my life.  Funny and upbeat, she makes the most of every single day.  Who am I to do less?  When I am out and about, I make it a daily job of making as many people laugh as I can.  It pleases them.  It pleases me.  The world is going on and on and on for a very long time.  I might as well enjoy as much of it as I can, rather than moaning and groaning about things over which I have no control.  Whatever your choice, be as happy as you can!

The Lord said the Day would come when they call Good Evil and Evil Good, well that day has come and for the most part it has surprised many in a culture of self indulgence, tolerance and social religion especially in the Health & Wealth wing of the so called churches of today, let us not forget as well the excuse for silence given the churches with the Johnson Act added to the Tax Code, which is the excuse used to stop preaching on the Sins among them and the Act of what they call love which is more accurately called Tolerance.  The church sat silent when they removed prayer from the schools and allowed a more Social Gospel to take them over for the Sake of $$$$$$$ in the plates and now the Country & World are reaping the world wind this has brought us to.  I submit that if and when God's Children will Repent and turn from their Wicked Ways God as He's stated will Heal their Land and not one second Earlier, by the way Communication just demonstrates how Wicked the World has become as it wasn't always this bad, as I recall even in the 60's most churches still spread the Gospel and spoke out about the practice of Sin as Paul wrote of in  1Corintians; 6, however not talked about much today as might offend some in the church and most outside of it, this is the Real LOVE God speaks.

God Bless You All; Clair VAN Steenwyk 

I agree with your assessment, Jim. When I think of the world we have left our children, I shudder. I should have done more to rectify the problems I routinely see around me.

Whether it is the corruption of God’s rainbow into a symbol of perversion, or it is taxpayer support of murdering unborn babies; these behaviors are all around us on a daily basis. At every level, no less. I routinely ask myself, have I done all I could do?

As a child myself, l felt honored to have Mike Mansfield in our home for dinner. I don’t think that mom and dad agreed with all that Mike was doing in congress, but I was party to an intelligent discussion of the issues of that day. Abortion was not part of that discussion, nor the rainbow. Neither was a congress that was so intent on misleading their constituents that they were routinely choosing to intentionally lie to our citizens.

Today, circumstances are so different!

Should Sen. Flake or Sen McCain or Sen Hatch show up, they would NOT be invited to dinner. It is fairly easy to discern that they have been lying to us for years. To lie to the people to get elected, and then not honor one’s word is inexcusable; not only should they not be reelected, they should resign.

Our problems are not limited to national political leaders. When we currently have a state chairmen who denies access to an duly elected secretary as well as treasurer, routinely violate party bylaws; they appoint (and support) people like Petsas, who denies contact information of committee members and refuse to allow party members to know or understand what is going on in committee, or when a quarter million dollars mysteriously shows up and party members cannot find out from where it came or what party manipulations might be asked of them because of such generous “donations,” it boggles the mind.

It is my hope that He knows that I have done all that I could to expose the corruption around me. It is my hope that I can eliminate a little bit of the problems we face today, and that I can not be quite so ashamed of the situation I have left for our children.

This is one of those themes that is absolutely right.  The opposite themes as others have pointed out can also be right. I say lets do our best to make something in our world better each day, even if our world is very narrow.  We cannot change the world of yesterday but we can do a lot about the world of today. Why not teach children about Jesus. About true American history?

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service