Its surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit
By Timothy Schwartz
Kenney's attack against Gabby Mercer on Friday was well thought out and strategic. It was also deceptive. We must expose that deception! For the umpteenth time, instead of addressing the real issues, Kenney lists his military service. While we appreciate those who have served, Kenney has told us this so many times, it's now clear he's using those overused lines to hide from addressing the real questions. Enough!
Real practising Christians don't use their faith to attack the faith of other Christians. Gabby isn't fighting demons, and the charge that she's just an angry woman is false! We're ALL angry, and to use that false attack on one of us, makes us even angrier because you're attempting to distract attention away from the real problem. We won't let you do that any longer! Jesus said "you will know them by the fruit they bear". Gabbys actions show she stands for integrity and righteousness, both Godly and Biblical characteristics. Gabby bears good fruit! Below are reasons Kenney can't claim integrity and righteousness, and needs to do a little internal fruit inspection.
1. Kenney has long been part of the group that wants to purge conservatives from the party. I was one of the people who first exposed the secret and hidden Arizona grassroots PAC. Hiding this group from public view was in violation of campaign disclosure laws, which of course is illegal. Once we exposed AZ Grassroots, sudden changes were made to their donors and recipients list. Before they edited their site, Matthew Kenney was listed on the payroll!
To verify the purpose of 'Grassroots', see: Politico Story. They were making me the target, see my comment at the end. Also see: Frontpage Mag (writer mistakenly lists LD11 Chair, as it was the LD30 Chair).
2. Matthew Kenney used funds from 'Grassroots' to recruit and train dozens of P.C's who did not even speak the English language. I hired a Vietnamese translator to find out more. Kenney was the Notary to sign all their applications, and used Kevin Dang as the translator when Kenney did training. The largest number of Vietnamese P.C's were in LD30. Only 2 spoke the English language, and those two were the only ones who ever attended our meetings. My hired translator discovered that most of these P.C.s were given false information when they were recruited.
3. When LD30 recruited dozens of legitimate P.C.s, Many false stories were told about me by Gary Hirsch, Gary Cox, Kim Owens, Lisa James and Kory Langhofer, to name only a few. Multiple bogus threats of phony lawsuits were issued, but we ignored them all.
4. Matthew Kenney accepts employment at the law firm run by Kory Langhofer (John McCain's lawyer). Langhofer was intent in gaining control of LD30, but we resisted. This nasty group of attorneys began to make my life miserable with nasty, vicious false attacks, but we dug in our heels and refused to cave in. Matt Kenney chose to work for Langhofer, did he not understand that his image would be tainted by the unethical practices of the Langhofer group?
5. As rumors continued to circulate about Matthew Kenney being chosen to run AZGOP, I wanted to go to the source. I approached Kenney at the County meeting in January. Succinctly and directly, I asked Kenney if he would ever go to work for the AZGOP. He very clearly told me that would never happen because he was very happy working for Kory Langhofer. While I appreciate that Matthew didn't answer in political double-speak, I felt he was deliberately lying. I knew the time would come when I'd have to expose this blatant lie he told me in January. (Others have already noted the lies from Jonathan Lines stating Kenney would not be considered). Shortly after my conversation with Kenney, the announcement was made that Matthew Kenney would be the new executive director at AZGOP.
Many are now asking for help to put a stop to the political circus. We must call out those evading being transparent, and demand they answer relevant questions. I've fought these swamp actors before, and I'm ready to do it again.
Let's begin the dialog.
Timothy Schwartz - You have just reported very damaging testimony of evidence that may be criminal. I am personally glad you have joined the dialog and am sure others that I have a ongoing dialog with also welcome the addition.
I hope you are reading the MCRC BRIEFS as an ongoing di8alog is also there. Now is the time to expose the lies.
One of the out cries for exposure is the question of - How did J. Lines not know of a $220,000 2016 expense? Or was it $250,000? At the time Lines was the Treasurer. The confusion goes on to find $250,000 was expended in 2016 for legal fees. Getting the truth out is very difficult. But there are some of us digging.
I no longer receive the MCRC Briefs. Do you know how I can sign up for this again please? Would appreciate any help you can give. Thanks
Try email@example.com That's from my address book. It's old so not sure that's still a good address. Good luck.
Nan - link is - http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ and at the bottom is a subscribe option.
http://archives.mcrcbriefs.org/ I hope you are a state committeemen.
Yes, Timothy! These swamp actors smell foul. You exposed Matthew Kenney and Jonathan Lines to more sunlight. Gabby Mercer was elected state party secretary by the Arizona state committeemen in January 2017 and now holds the authority to obtain the state database. Why has her request been denied? What can we do to stop the chicanery?
Back (must have been in February) there was a conference call with J. Lines to all the State Committeemen who would answer the phone call. I was on for most of the call, and most of the call was about the approx. $200K in legal fees Graham had contracted to fight a counter-suit against the group that was suing over the Anti-Ballot Harvesting law that was passed by the legislature and was signed by the Governor. Those who were pro ballot harvesting had filed a suit to keep ballot harvesting, and the AZGOP chose to file a friend of the court (or something) in favor of the Anti-ballot harvesting bill. That was the explanation of why so much money was missing from the AZGOP treasury. Apparently the law suit is still ongoing and during the February call, there were going to be more attorney fees to pay in the future. At least that is what I remember. PS, also checked with two other folks that were on the call to be sure I was remembering correctly. I would think that Graham should have consulted the Executive Committee before committing that much money for a cause. Where any of you Exec board members ever consulted before this happened in 2016?
Well,that's interesting. I just called 3 friends who are SCs in different districts. They never have gotten a notice of a phone conference. Perhaps he only notified friendlies. Truthfully, the AG should have taken that case, not the AZGOP but maybe not since AZGOP is just a political club but it is operated under state statute. Otherwise, he should have gotten a consensus from the state committeemen. Then we have to remember what he did at the same time to LD23 causing them to have to spend lots of money to fight him. What a disaster the AZGOP is and has been since Graham took over. Well, then, there was Randy Pullen who was indicted for money laundering. I was still a PC then. Then Graham was indicted in CA for money laundering. Guess it goes with the territory, break the law, SCs will vote for you.
No Shirley, I was never consulted and at that time I was the 2nd Vice Chair. The Executive Committee were not aware of Graham committing any money for legal fees, I do not believe what Graham did was part of AZ GOP responsibilities which sadly left us with this huge debt.