A Message from Jim O'Connor, candidate for AZGOP Chairman:

Are you sick of watching our party suffer declining participation? We now have only half the PCs we should. Many are ghost-PCs, names on proxies, wielded at our meetings by party power brokers. Instead of energizing, our meetings are demoralizing. We committeemen know we have little real power left. Some of our representatives even push National Popular Vote, Common Core, and other leftist agendas because it's more beneficial to them than representing the views of their own party's members. As State Committeemen we aren't powerless yet! On January 28th we can vote! Don't sign a proxy! Come to our Statutory Meeting in person. Move the power from the backroom to your living room. Use your voice to elect Jim O'Connor as party chairman.

A Message from Frank Thorwald, candidate for AZGOP Chairman:

I want to work with Republicans throughout AZ, seek their valuable insights and work closely with them so together we can elect Republicans to office; expand our base and have an environment where we can raise the money needed to make this happen! and he has(sic) Fund raising is a major part of this office considerable experience in this area and with his unique skills and expertise in management; fundraising; uniting people; public outreach; organization; coordination and public relations.

Our Take: 

O'Connor is exactly right about the proxies as we have been following districts like LD15, the district of the current Chairman, where unknown precinct committeemen showed up with dozens of proxies and got themselves elected to all leadership positions. These are people who have never shown their faces at LD15 meetings, now suddenly running the show.  With AZGOP Chairman Graham's help. 

Frank Thorwald has a resume` as long as your arm. Very impressive if you like the establishment way of doing things.  Graham has given pcs a taste of that for four very long years when he locked conservative pcs out of the AZGOP office!  Do we really need more of the same?

But back to proxies.  Grassroots pcs have been trying to put limits on proxy harvesting for several years. Those who win seats using proxies have always out voted that effort.  Do we see our legislators vote in absentia by sending in a proxy with someone else to vote?  Does the Congress or the Senate use proxies?  What about corporations?  No on all counts. Proxies are just another form of control used by the establishment.

If you ever want to get a true man/woman of the people to run the party, now is the chance.  Show up! Vote your own ballot!  Investigate all three candidates including Lines who is a wholly owned subsidiary of John McCain.  Thorwald is better but not by a lot.  

Trump took back the Republican party at the national level. This is the year for state committeemen to take back the party at the state level.  And then hold them to their word!

Views: 298

Replies to This Discussion

Proxies have become in the hands of the establishment a way to get rid of the real republican pcs, the ones who actually do things like get out the vote for candidates, contact their legislators and inform their neighbors.  Show me a paper proxy that can do those things. When the ghost PCs outnumber the real PCs the party is finished.

Proxies are a cancer and need to be eradicated, however so do the Early Ballots that are just another way of harvesting votes as proven in so many elections, hope the PC's who want a real Conservative show up or since Proxies are such a great tool then if you can't make certain someone you trust has yours.
God Bless You All & Happy New Year. Clair & Jean Van Steenwyk 

The proxies are not the problem. The people like Graham who abuse them are the problem. We will never get dishonest people to be good citizens so the rest of us must suffer because of them. I believe it's time to amend the statutes to eliminate them altogether because they have shown, "they" meaning the establishment Rs, that they can't be trusted with simple laws.

As one who believes a person must stand for something to avoid falling for anything I've come to accept that Republicans have been as guilty as Democrats in supporting those seeking a New World Order. I'd like to see the party take a firm position on several issues; especially the need for America to exit the U.N., return monetary policy to that called for in the Constitution, and to repudiate the illegally created debt we theoretically owe the FED. Short of these changes we can't control our destiny. Before supporting any AZGOP candidate I suggest every GOP member know their position of these critical issues. I request those seeking to lead the party in Arizona make their position on these issues known.

Of course, those are very important issues but well outside the purview of a state chairman. But you should go to the websites of each candidate or facebook page if that's better and ask those questions.  The fact is that we should demand that the new chairman follow the party platform which if you have not read the new one approved in July, it lines right up with the Constitution.

Greetings and happy New Year:

At the risk of showing my poor education on political and modern day social media skills I must ask two questions.

1. Why should the most important issues facing Americans be outside the purview of anyone?

2. Where can I find the candidates websites and hopefully their email addresses and/or phone numbers?

On Q2, MCRC Briefs have candidates listed but not all of them have websites that I know of. Maybe some on FB.

Q1: because some things are outside the control of the different levels of gov and won't be impacted: Definition: the range of operation, authority, control, concern, etc.  

That doesn't mean at all that all of us should not be keeping up on all of it. And then contacting the lawmakers at the appropriate level.  In this case, the state chairman has no authority over districts by law. He and his fellow GOPe pretend he does but that does not make it so!

As one who believes a person must stand for something to avoid falling for anything I've come to accept that Republicans have been as guilty as Democrats in supporting those seeking a New World Order. I'd like to see the party take a firm position on several issues; especially the need for America to exit the U.N., return monetary policy to that called for in the Constitution, and to repudiate the illegally created debt we theoretically owe the FED. Short of these changes we can't control our destiny. Before supporting any AZGOP candidate I suggest every GOP member know their position of these critical issues. I request those seeking to lead the party in Arizona make their position on these issues known.

We should make it a 1 for 1 proxy only. We need to get people who will actually show up and vote the best interests of the State of Arizona and our Country not some vague agenda of the Establishment Elite pushing all the PCBS which got us in trouble for the past many years. We need to elect our State Committee PCs from each Precinct not at the LD level as we do it now. This would slow down the ability to control by any group like we have now with the McCainiacks or some other special interest pulling strings State wide in Arizona.

That sounds great on paper. Really fair. But consider what McCain is famous for doing: taking over precincts. So you could get ALL McCain people in many or even most precincts thus solidifying the establishment entrenchment for years to come.  Just what we don't need.

That is the problem with the LD elections. In LD 13 we were not informed about the election as we were supposed to be. Except for "Republican Briefs" we would have had no warning that it was going to happen at all. Our LD is one where the McCainiacs have control. We would have had at least a few State Committee men elected on our side of the issues if it had been by precinct. As it is the newly elected I have never seen at a meeting in the last year but now they are in complete control of all voting membership of the State Committee from our LD. Through the plotting and scheming of a few our LD is useless to the cause of freedom except for the promotion of McCain and his agenda whoever is paying for that. Most of the large donors are in California and New York many with Arab and Muslim names. Want to guess which way he will vote on issues that affect his donors wishes?

I'm reminded by a statement by, I think, John Adams: "The Constitution is made for a moral people. It is useless for all others."  Making any rules are the same.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service