I am not usually writing for AFA, my job is a researcher, but I see problems that are self-made and I want to address some of what I see happening that are running off the best workers in our party.  You don't think we have too many good conservatives, do you?  What we have is not enough.  That has to change when we are on the cusp of losing our party. There is a guy on AFA who frequently quotes James 4:17 and it's a good verse to live by.  Here is the King James version: “Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin.”  Being truthful is a good thing. So here goes.

I am going to address the problems I am seeing across districts with the expectation it will make a difference if we know what is going on. I got interested in this when LD30 was taken away by J. McCain using the Republican party paid staff and democrat money.  Suddenly, there were non-English speaking PCs winning the elections there.  I understand that didn't last but one term, and the conservatives are back in control. That is a hopeful sign.  Their story is extreme but some measure of that story is told in other once conservative districts.  We are losing our conservative PCs who actually have read & believe in the Constitution & the party platform.

I did some of the research on the Yuma Republican Committee and that Jonathan Lines illegally, I believe, certainly unethically, rushed appointed PCs into office in time to vote out the conservatives as State Committeemen.  Why aren't all district chairmen up in arms over this? Not one of the loyal workers in that Yuma Committee got elected as State Committeeman.That alone could have changed the state election the following January.  I hear none of those PCs ever showed up again.  This is not the way our party should be conducting themselves.  I can say the same about LD15, Robert Graham's district, that did the same and very few of the loyalists got elected as State Committeemen.  Robber Barons own too many of our districts and fake State Committeemen controlled the elections in January.  Is it right to stay silent about these things?  Should we support district leaders who deceive by commission or omission? NO.

Two very ugly and insufferable occurrences have garnered my attention. It's ugly and should never happen even in the split party we now have in Arizona.

1.  Navajo County.  We have already read that the leaders of the NCRC have attempted to hold their elected Senator accountable.  We read earlier that Sen. Allen called an invited guest speaker a Nazi. She also tried to strip the Superintendent of her authority, co-sponsored Natl Popular Vote Compact, tried to run legislation that would keep her son-in-law out of jail and referred to our 'inalienable” rights in the Constitution even though she owns or started a charter school in her county.  This barely scratches the surface of the bad votes she has made but she is one who votes like she is told by CQ.  As if that wasn't enough, now she has started a second Republican Committee trying to make it the real one - and denied it.  When that didn't work, she is gathering up her herd of family to vote out the NCRC leadership who rescued that Committee from a bunch of Libertarians.  Libertarians should not be running a Republican Committee.  How much real effort do this herd of family members spend to help the party? None.  I recommend that the current leadership get busy lining up PCs even if they are proxy PCs so they can prevent this herd mentality take-over.  It's a bad day when the elected politicians can throw out the very people who put them and others into office.  It's supposed to be the other way around.  I certainly commend the existing Chair, S. Slaton, for standing his ground against a Senator who refuses to stand up against the disgusting behavior of our current state Chairman, J. Lines.  She will protect that thief but try to throw out those who stand for the right things.  She is unfit to represent anyone. She might learn the difference between inalienable and unalienable, for starters.  It's significant.
 At this point, I believe Steve Slaton should run for AZGOP Chairman in 2019 and for 1st VP this year.  He would win.

2. The second and equally grievous activity to rid our party of the hard workers happened in LD23 where one of the hardest workers in that district was forced to uphold their honor by leaving the district.  Full disclosure requires me to tell you that person is on our AFA team and that is how I know, along with others in that district.  It's a dismal story.  That district was completely establishment for many years.  The handful of conservatives suffered the cold shoulder from the leaders.  Then, some light bulb must have gone off because over the past few years, the establishment became the minority and the conservatives took the leader position and LD23 was one of the most respected and conservative districts in the state.  That is not the case now as the newest elected Chairman has systematically handed the district to the establishment again. Here's what I know.  The new chairman and maybe at least two other officers pushed the conservatives out by insulting them and impugning their character.  One was a PC and SC who had served on past Boards, was always there to help out, is very knowledgeable.  I know this from the various friends I have who are PCs there.  There allegedly are more than one but in the one of which I speak, this is what I just heard.  This PC made a nice sized donation to the district to help pay off legal expenses that the membership never knew were being run up and they never voted for.  Everyone of the PCs I asked said it was unnecessary and unethical to run up such a bill without telling the members.  It seems this new chair, N. Ordowski, is very secretive and does not communicate well and stands accused of giving the district to the establishment. Here's what I find unbelievable and unacceptable. This PC of which I speak asked for a return of the donation due to not having been told they, the leaders, were planning to attempt to ruin the PCs reputation.  They lied by withholding material information and made the accusation of dishonesty against a PC is the only way I can think to call it.  With the PC then aware of this, a request for a refund of the donation was made.  No answer was given yes or no.  A second request went out and the PC was told a refund might be made if the MCRC and/or AZGOP picked up the cost of the expenses unethically incurred by the Chairman. Now I ask you rational people, why would either of those boards pick up expenses run up by a district board when they didn't even alert the membership about what they were doing until they had done it?  This PC has publicly supported the board during a difficult time.  Then got the boot later.

Here is more to the story.  Several members I spoke with said at least two of the board members are probably very upset the way the district is being run and their refusal to refund monies paid in good faith to help leaders who have not shown good faith themselves, have not been forthright and have been secretive as though the PCs had no business knowing what they were doing.  I have also been told by several old-timers that no one goes to the district meetings anymore due to terrible leadership.  I've heard attendance of anywhere from 30-40 people show up.  Until this board took over, more than 100 PCs showed up, 120+ if there was a really good program. Although I am not a PC due to being a registered Independent for much of my time in Arizona, I have attended some meetings over the years and I can attest that the room was always packed. Today, I would stand out as an outsider.

The rest of the story is simple. When elected officials like Sen. Allen and John McCain actively work against the precinct committeemen, it's bad.  When the Chairmen actively make decisions so bad that good people drop out, that is really bad.  This is how we are systematically losing our party.  These are the people I think are turning our state blue by bad leadership and bad treatment of our workers.  There are efforts by leaders in other Lds doing the same such as LD17, LD24, LD25 and so on.  Oh, and I should have said something about the horrible way LD28 functions. They don't function. They just ignore any real republican who happens to show up which most of them don't bother any more. K.Petsas is a mess as a leader. More like a dictator, similar to LD23.

Just like I have had enough of the rotten establishment Republicans, I've had enough of the feeble district leaders.  Doing the right thing is hard but they can do better than they are.

Power corrupts absolutely, even a tiny bit of power.  Power is fleeting but the people who get trampled live on and go somewhere else to spend their energy.  Step up, PCs and protect each other against the bad leadership we endure for the good of the state and country. It's time.

Views: 378

Replies to This Discussion

Hey marc, it's also obvious to me that the leadership does not agree with my conservative principles, either.  (Or, in fact, with true Republican principles.)  But that's why I'm staying involved; quitting just makes the problem worse.  It isn't always fun, but raising a little hell sometimes is worth it, and sometimes I even win.  We need people like you back in the fight.

Drain the swamp, I beleive that corruption runs deep in both political parties

I just have to jump in here. Not all the LDs that deserve to be called out are on this list but I gotta tell you, the ones that are listed are guilty as charged.  I hope that Allen gets her butt beat in the upcoming elections. She is truly a disgrace to our state.  Slaton would be a stellar addition as AZGOP chair but he should start now preparing to run.  The Yuma situation was busted about this time last year here on this site. A shocking story and typical of other democrats. They certainly are not republicans for sure. LD24 & 28 have been solid hooligans since redistricting. Not by accident. The most disappointing is L23.  What happened to them?  I ask those PCs and they just shake their heads. That is a true loss and I hope the PCs turn around what that chairman is doing.  This article is the wake up call.  It does show how weak and ineffective too many district chairs are.

Questions/comments on the article "Where did all the Activists Go?"

As a former member of the Republican Party and a PC, the reasons I exited the GOP might help answer the question. The short answer is that I joined the ranks of the "independents" and lean toward the Constitution Party whose leadership I find to not only be knowledgeable but to have the integrity to honor their word and our Constitution.

The "why" on leaving the GOP is that I couldn't find a single elected official of any stripe willing to try to uphold the principles embodied in the Constitution and the Republican form of government it calls for. ALL who call themselves Republicans are RINOs and hypocrites supportive of the ten planks of the Communist Manifesto!

Though our current President sounded good during the campaign the fact that he has surrounded himself with treasonous anarchists who are globalists at heart shows he didn't really intend to "drain the swamp" and MAGA. For those who believe he did I suggest you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbFMnrPbAmU

I believe the lack of a sound currency is a root cause of a world in continuous conflict. There was a time when the GOP agreed. In the 1936 GOP platform the Party said ”we pledge a sound currency ….and will restore to the Congress the authority lodged within it by the Constitution to coin all money and regulate the value thereof.”  It never happened and won't happen so long as voters elect representatives having no intent on providing honest representation. The sooner every thinking American abandons the Democrat and Republican Parties the closer America will come to restoring the Republic.

I agree, Walter. Both parties are off the track and if we send a true conservative to congress, they will be swept into the swamp very shortly. Biggs seems to have resisted so far but then Schweikert resisted until they punished him by taking his prized committee away from him. Proves the committee was more important that the Constitution or his constituents.  You should put the next meeting of the Constitution party on the Events calendar. You might get quite a few interested people to join with you.

BTW, I just noticed the main page for this section. I love the new look!

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service