Its surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit
[Editor: Expect more Californians to be moving to Arizona, threatening to turn our state blue. They come ere to avoid the shafting of the taxpayers in California. They bring their progressive ideas with them, most register as Democrat voters and before we know it, poof! We are California East. Maybe we can start an exchange system: McCain for 10 Californians than and one for one exchange after that. They send one progressive Californian here, we send the Paul Penzone; one progressive in exchange, we send Andres Torres, the new Maricopa County Recorder and so on. What do you think?]
Update today from Jeff Stone, Republican State Senator R-CA
Hello my friends,
Friday will be the end of this legislative year. Here are some of the highlights of this session:
1. SB-1: increases your gas taxes by approximately 20 Cents per gallon (Nov) and your vehicle license fees by an average of $100 (Jan 1st).
2. Passed Cap N Tax which will increase gas 0.63 to 0.93 cents a gallon change and the taxes that go with it.
3. Proposed increase on a new tax every residence will pay for tap water in the State!
4. A $3.46B parks bond to pay for parks in "disadvantaged communities" (meaning Los Angeles). We will get the crumbs. The debt service will be over $200 million a year. The good news is some money goes to help fix the Salton Sea which should have always been a State responsibility!
5. Law to release any lifer (murder, rape , child molestation, etc) who is:
A. 60 years old
B. Already spend 25 years in prison!
Charles Manson qualifies today and the Melendez brothers that murdered their parents could be released in about 12 years? What about victims?
6. A new $10 charge on all residents living in a mobile home parks to address living condition enforcement in those parks? Why does the left embrace these regressive taxes on the poor?
7. Blackmail Tesla to either unionize with the United Auto Workers Union or forfeit State incentives to buy their electric cars! Just another Union Grab!
8. Reduce from a felony to a misdemeanor the purposeful intent to transmit the AIDS virus to a unknowing partner.
9. Give preferential treatment to prisoners convicted of serious crimes that are less than 25 years old because their brains are not mature enough to understand right from wrong. Whaaat? My DAD's belt taught me right from wrong real early in my life! If the brains of our kids don't mature until 25, why do we allow them to vote?
10. A bill to require our true sex be omitted from drivers licenses? Whaaat?
11. Free legal services for illegal immigrants.
12. Establish safe "injection zones" run by government to oversee people injecting heroin! You have to be kidding me? Yep it passed!
Enough good news for today. Back tomorrow with an update on our last minute legislative surprises.
It's an honor to represent you!
Jeff Stone, Republican state senator
My first responsive thought was 'what the heck could this guy do to campaign against the RINOs?' but then I remembered he did just that when he was instrumental in getting Trump past the 20 mostly RINOs in the primary who were supposed to dilute the opposition to Jeb Bush.