Phoenix constitutional convention gives ‘rebirth to a new nation,’ planners say

The gathering of leaders from 22 states to recommend rules for what would be the first Article V convention in American history has concluded in Arizona, on what was the 230th anniversary of the states' final approvalof the U.S. Constitution.

"It is fitting that we have met here in the great city of Phoenix," said Georgia delegate David Guldenschuh, a constitutional law attorney. "The history books will write of this convention that on this historic date we gave rebirth to a new nation."

Now, the group must wait for at least seven more state legislatures to pass resolutions calling for a convention where they hope to propose an amendment to the U.S. Constitution to restrict congressional spending. 

The national debt hit $20 trillion Sept. 8. 

The states targeted are Idaho, Kentucky, South Carolina, Minnesota, Virginia, Wisconsin and Montana, several of which sent delegates to participate in the planning convention.

Seventy-two delegates spent four days in Phoenix at the Balanced Budget Amendment Planning Convention, slogging word-by-word through rules that ranged from whether to call participants delegates or commissioners, to how many votes each state should get during an Article V convention.

The work often was mundane, interspersed with a few heated debates over key issues, some friendly mocking among college football rivals and more than a few groans about the Arizona heat. 

Continue reading + video...

Views: 188

Replies to This Discussion

I've been a part of the COS Project since the beginning back in Sept of 2013. But I don't care who gets the ball across the goal line first just as long as we use the only tool left in the box to begin America's healing process. Article V is the only way. Since most don't understand the Constitution or the process that birthed it, we lone-wolves must continue pushing and crying for weak-kneed patriots to stand, show up, and speak out for change. We need patriots who are not afraid to admit they must understand the Constitution and its process better. No harm or unworthiness in that.   

I'm getting to the point in thinking we have nothing to lose. Our country is disappearing before our closed eyes. I keep going back to why was Art V put into the constitution?  I agree that understanding the words of the Constitution is easy but understanding the entire document as a whole including intent is another thing. Political cowardice is not a solution, it's an abdication.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service