Last year about this time, a Consultant was rampaging through the halls at the Arizona legislature signing up sponsors and co-sponsors to pass a bill to rid our electoral system of the Electoral College form of selecting our future presidents.  Smooth talking Constantine Querard, employed by the leftist organizations, was wanting to change our system that is unique among all the countries in the world.  They decided, and states have passed legislation, to put our country into a system of a democratic vote count to elect Presidents, like London that just elected a jihadi muslim Mayor!.  You know what a democracy is: two wolves and a sheep trying to decide what to have for dinner!  What a great system... for the wolves!

The wolves are back visiting the sheep again now with a new proposal which is the old proposal all dressed up in perfume. silk cloth and stiletto pumps.  Underneath rests the same old proposal: how do we trick the legislature better this time and keep it under wraps until we have joined other states to give away our country.

We told Constantine the last time that since 1929, more democrats have voted in presidential elections than republicans.  He responded that if we go BACK one year, that would not be the case.  Unfortunately, we are going forward in time, not backward, and it now seems that in the past five presidential elections, more democrats still voted in the presidential elections than republicans.  Why?  Because the large population centers are democrat strongholds: New York, Chicago, LA, Miami, Houston, etc.  Because we have the Electoral College system and their people are all in a minority of states, we have maintained the possibility that either party candidate can win.

But here is the kicker: right now, today as you read this, the state of Minnesota - democrat stronghold and union controlled - has gone to court to have Donald Trump and Mike Pence taken off the ballot.  They claim the MN Republican party violated statute and did not ELECT all Electors AND all alternate Electors, those who will actually cast the votes in the Electoral College.  Realizing they had erred, the MN Republican party caucused in a smoke filled room and appointed the required alternates.  

Not so fast, said the democrat party.  The statute required those alternates to be elected, not appointed.  Point taken.  That is what Minnesota statute says.  However, MN legislators are no smarter than Arizona or Florida legislators.  They passed a law with no teeth.  In other words, there is no penalty for violating the statute.  

Do democrats care about that?  Not in a presidential election year. We know that the democrat party hierarchy are bottom feeders and the union bosses are lower than that. There is nothing they will not do to keep control of the White House and the country.  So the case is in the courts.

Who is more corrupt than the DNC and the unions?  Right, the courts.  

Now imagine that we in America operate in a democratic system of electing our president and democrat states refuse to allow any other party on the ballot?  Who do you think will get the popular vote?

Well, shoot, even a democrat can figure that one out!  The question is: can the republicans figure it out!

Folks, today is the day you start to contact your legislators and tell them in no uncertain terms that they had better walk on by this arm twisting!  NO on the National Popular Vote (NPV).  NO go arounds (you pilots will understand that term!).

If you were not on this site last year when we duked this out with the leftists and those duped by the leftists, go here: http://arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/group/azlegislation/forum/to...  We asked Querard to submit his argument FOR the NPV and we asked a well informed student of this system to submit the opposite position.  Both are published as submitted without edits.  After you read it, read it to a democrat or a republican acting like a democrat!  That should keep you plenty busy!

If you live in a state that has already adopted this, form a movement and get it overturned.  Because what it means is that if your state votes for candidate A but Candidate B gets the most votes in those big democrat population centers, your voice will be voided upon arrival!  DOA!

Views: 211

Replies to This Discussion

Great job, AFA, for informing us, again, of the resurrection of the NPV issue in the legislature, and the powerful lobbyist spearheading this debacle. Republicans need to learn from the Democrats: Take the long view and never give up. Sadly, it looks like this issue will arise annually.

CQ was getting the big bucks from what ever big money organization was funding this, and to think that he was sending many of our people to St Croix for a week paid trip, air fare included, in a fancy hotel to get them on board and yes he got a bunch of misguided people from our state to sign on to this. Some people will do anything for a buck and we all know lobbyist, consultants and some campaign managers are the worst. Snake oil charlatans and surely the roll model for used car salesmen. 

CQ is a problem no doubt about that as he gets paid to push legislation, however what about all those elected GOP office holders who go along with him on this and also went against most of us on Prop 123 which has now proven not to give the Teachers all the Cash they said it would and last time I looked most won their primaries so guess the long term memory of those who push for the Incumbents to win is short lived.  God Bless You All; Clair

Time to ask each elected Rep and Senator how he will vote this time. Time to issue our warnings in advance?

Time to tell those who say they represent us how we expect them to vote as they vote far to often as they're told to by GOP Leadership and not according to those that elect them and they're suppose to serve. 

This National Popular Vote (NPV) initiative--literally--and the lobbyist promoting it--figuratively--should be dead-on-arrival in the legislature. It's long past the time to drive a stake through the heart of the NPV Compact, and permanently kill it! Unfortunately, since at least 2007 (10 years and counting), that hasn't happened, even though every Republican legislator has a stake available--and the obligation to use it. Confounding that is this: some of those same legislators and the lobbyist in question were part of the body that fashioned and approved the stake. At this point, I'm torn between honoring Reagan's Eleventh Commandment and publicly questioning the character, ethics, honesty, and integrity of "Republicans?" who both ignore and openly oppose the Republican Party Platform. It's tempting for me to discount their Republicanism," so "Thou shalt not speak ill of any fellow Republican" wouldn't apply. However, in order to preserve my own character, ethics, honesty, and integrity, I'll just point out the facts without casting aspersions.

1. Fact: The lobbyist and multiple Arizona legislators were delegates to the 2012 and 2016 Republican National Conventions.
  2. Fact: As delegates, these people had the ability to propose amendments to the Republican Party Platform in each of these conventions.
  3. Fact: Regardless of how they voted as individuals, they were part of the collective bodies that approved and adopted the 2012 and 2016 Republican Party Platforms.
  4. Fact: The 2012 Platform contained the following stand-alone plank:

The Continuing Importance of Protecting the Electoral College
    We oppose the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact or any other scheme to abolish or distort the procedures of the Electoral College. We recognize that an unconstitutional effort to impose “national popular vote” would be a mortal threat to our federal system and a guarantee of corruption as every ballot box in every state would become a chance to steal the presidency.

5. Fact: The 2016 Platform contains the following strengthened stand-alone plank:

Honest Elections and the Electoral College
    We oppose the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact and any other scheme to abolish or distort the procedures of the Electoral College. An unconstitutional effort to impose National Popular Vote would be a grave threat to our federal system and a guarantee of corruption, as every ballot box in every state would offer a chance to steal the presidency. We urge state legislatures that have voted for this proposal to rescind their approval.

I believe candidates who run as Republicans have an obligation to honor, support, and advance the Republican Party Platform. I absolutely know that Republican candidates for elected office who simultaneously run for and serve as Republican Precinct Committeemen (applies to the three candidates in my Legislative District) have an obligation to honor, support, and advance the Republican Party Platform. I'm firmly convinced anyone--once informed of its existence--who ignores and violates one plank in the Platform will also ignore and violate others. I have in the past and will again--in a meeting scheduled for this evening--convey this information and my thoughts to the two legislative candidates who supported NPV in the last legislative session and seek to represent me in the upcoming session. I hope others will join me in this endeavor by contacting those seeking to represent you. This much is clear to me: We the people, working independently, will not deter this paid lobbyist from continuing his efforts to push this through the Arizona Legislature; however, we the people, by informing and individually lobbying our candidates and elected officials, can get them to shut Querard down. Also, since he's a Republican Precinct Committeeman, I plan to contact the Arizona GOP to see what they can do to shut this down. Please join that effort as well.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

At present, most persons decide to act on whatever happens with their thoughts. But doing so puts them in competition with one of the creator's natural laws first identified by Richard Wetherill.

How?

The answer is not complicated. People must stop basing their behavior on their personal thinking. Instead they have to act on the creator's thoughts, here being described in the English language as rational, honest, and morally right.

No longer should people reason from their concepts of good and evil, right and wrong, likes and dislikes, or whatever else comes to mind. Instead, mankind must think the creator's thoughts. That enables them successfully to do what is rational, honest, and morally right.

That may seem incredible until understood. But, consider that it is the way that mankind can escape the death penalty everybody has been paying since the days that people were created.

Join the survivors who have stopped their personal thinking. They now base their behavior on the creator's guiding thoughts to act in a way that is rational, honest, and morally right.

The Alpha Publishing Co.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2017   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service