Its surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit
By Allen West, November 10, 2016 11:02 am
I just want to take a few minutes to offer my post-election assessment and also provide some counsel for President-elect Donald Trump and his staff. It’s now Thursday, the 24-hour celebration is over; time to focus and begin developing a strategic vision for the first 180 days. What I’ve seen perusing some far-left websites is that the progressive socialist left is angry, and also in a delusional state of denial. This evil empire will look to strike back, and I mean in a very purposeful manner. Do not allow the seemingly “conciliatory” tone of Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton to deceive — they are pissed off.
For Barack Obama, his legacy as president is Donald J. Trump — not a single policy achievement will be left standing by 2019. The only reminder of Obama’s existence as president will be his portrait. He may have exhibits in his presidential library but much like the cavemen, his “accomplishments” will be extinct. That has Obama fuming, as his ego is quite large, no more pictures with his chin up in defiant mode like Benito Mussolini.
Make no mistake: the election of Donald Trump by the American people is a repudiation of progressive socialism, Obama’s fundamental transformation. And Hillary Clinton is throwing a temper tantrum that rivals any four-year-old in the cereal lane of the grocery store; 0-2 running for president. And what’s worse, the Clinton crime cartel has been exposed and is done, it cannot peddle influence as the swamp in which they muddied themselves shall be drained.
Along with Obama and Clinton, the liberal progressive media is confounded and embarrassed. If you were watching any left-leaning media outlet Tuesday night, they were in a state of shock, denial, and that will soon turn to anger. They’ve truly lost all credibility as we come to learn about collusion with the Clinton campaign, and we already knew of their insidious and obvious bias. Tuesday night was supposed to be chock full of their laughing and derision of Trump and his supporters in the most denigrating of monikers. They were supposed to celebrate some “historic” moment and pop the corks on bottles of champagne…and start planning what expensive gowns they would wear for the inaugural parties.
The Hollywood and entertainment elites are disgusted — and how many left America? They are part of a Soviet style politburo that believes they’re above us, and wield their perceived power to slither out of their holes, like the serpent with Eve, and whisper silly nothings into our ears — you shall eat of the apple, and vote as we tell you.
Donald Trump was kinda like Luke Skywalker who used the Force to fire the missile into the very small window and destroyed the Death Star. However, the Empire is already pondering how they can rebuild the weapon and strike back. Here’s what any stellar combat military person will tell you — after a successful attack, you consolidate, reorganize, and plan for the counterattack.
The liberal progressive left is angry, and they’re still doing that which caused them to lose — demeaning those who voted for Donald Trump. They’re already blaming Trump and his supporters for American demise — funny, the Dow Jones was exceptionally strong Wednesday — ya know, the Brexit-style fear mongering. I guess they had no clue about that whole US debt thing going from $10.67T to $20T just under Obama.
The left believes we are just too dumb enough to understand what’s best for us; they live in a fantasyland of unicorns and rainbows. As we reported, some universities that were offering counseling and safe spaces for students emotionally affected by the election results. Heck, what about Americans who have been out of work for extended periods, thanks to Obama’s failures? So, they see nothing wrong with them, it’s all wrong with us…after all, Trump supporters are uneducated, irredeemable, racist, sexist, homophobic, xenophobic deplorables. And the left will continue to tout the fact that Hillary won the “popular vote”. Here are five points:
1. The Dems own the urban areas; they are more densely populated. South Florida and the I-4 corridor are liberal leftist strongholds. In Texas you will find Dallas, Austin, Houston, San Antonio and El Paso are heavy blue areas. What the Dems are doing is concentrating in these urban centers and winning them electorally. It’s only a matter of time before a few concentrated areas will provide the left what they want, national control. Yet, this is where you find the greatest failures of liberal progressive policies. The GOP, Donald Trump, must immediately follow up and change the course in the urban areas and turn more minorities away from the dark side.
2. Trump needs to develop what we in the military call a “red cell,” and they need to war-game out the first 180 days for the new administration. They need to go through an action-reaction-counteraction process in order to not just plan in a vacuum, but ascertain what is the reaction of Darth Vader (George Soros) and his storm troopers…and then have a course of action to execute based upon what they will do. What the Trump administration and the GOP-controlled 115th Congress must know is that Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer are planning their disruptive tactics. Trump must lead and anticipate them moves and counter, frustrate, them. He has to win the public confrontation because the media is REALLY going all in for the left.
3. Trump and the GOP do not have a mandate now. If they’re successful in their first midterm election to maintain, or grow, their Congressional majority — then they have a mandate. Bill Clinton thought he had a mandate, and he lost in his first midterm election. Barack Obama thought he had a mandate, and he lost big in 2010 midterms. Even with George W. Bush, he thought he had a mandate and the GOP-controlled Congress spent like liberal progressives, and then he lost in his final midterms. My counsel: President-elect Trump, you have a policy opportunity, not a mandate; that comes after your first midterm.
4. Trump needs to lie low, not make himself the news story in these days before his inauguration. This is the time for his potential cabinet members to be introduced and articulate the policy vision. Please, Mr. Trump, don’t do goofy crap like Obama did back in 2008 coming up with some seal of the Office of the President-Elect…it does not exist. Be in the shadows, speaking with global leaders by phone, or meeting with them in private. Let America see this is not about you, but a team in whom you have complete confidence.
5. The maniacal rantings, insults, and protests from the chuckleheads of the left shows that they are not going to take responsibility for this loss. Acknowledge this is an ideological war that’s centered on the a system of governance prescribing the relationship between the State and the individual. This was a battle that was won, we destroyed the Death Star, set the Empire back, but the movement of progressive socialism in America has not been destroyed. Funny, the left went nuts about Trump not accepting the results of the election — who is out in the streets protesting? And who do you think is paying them? We must find the funding mechanism for the radical left and expose it. This is just the beginning, and you can expect unruly and disruptive behavior from the left…those are the Rules for Radicals. We cannot be in fear, but meet them head-on and call them out as they are, petulant spoiled losers. The left demands subservience and acquiescence to their will — the American will spoke loudly Tuesday, and is not accepting it.
Jimmy Carter’s legacy was Ronald Reagan. Barack Obama has given us Donald Trump. Both Reagan and Trump were once Democrats, but the real comparative analysis shall lie in whether Trump can build a team as Reagan did. And not a crew of sycophants and a shadowy Rasputin who have occupied the White House.
And do I really care that Miley Cyrus was crying? Nah!
Very well stated! We all have our work to do & our prayers to be given for OUR country!!
Right Barbara. And may we never, ever forget that our prayers are what won/wins the battles. Yes, we are tools in the hands of God, but our prayers are first and foremost as they set in motion our faith and God's provisions. The battle has never been greater, imo, and the left is NOT CONCILIATORY BY ANY MEANS. They're just acting right now. They are peeved to the max and all hell is breaking loose...still, there's no giving up there. If they can't have the WH, they'll destroy everything they can. May God's Holy Spirit come against george soros and all the criminals and paid-for-hire rioters get the proper comeuppance very soon, like this week. Amen. Stay vigilant.
Taking blame is very difficult for most, either side of the aisle. Taking responsibility is even moreso. Each of us is responsible for our lives. Totally. My meaning for that word is simply "having the ability to respond" to what is happening around us. A very tough life lesson. Our schooling systems have negated that, carefully exorcising our history and original traditions and introducing the concept that everyone deserves a slice of the pie no matter the amount of contribution...or lack thereof. That's what the left is all about. Big numbers so that they can remain in control and financially benefit. "America" was a staggering change in the world. The "United States", however, is just one more "nation" to exploit and be exploited. The Constitution, as it was construed, has almost completely been corrupted. We stand on the brink of a complete police state.
What has been won is a very tiny battle. We don't know what Trump plans, nor what will be created against him. He has already broken a campaign pledge, to rid us of Obamacare. What else does he intend to waffle on?
@Eric I am just stunned at your comment that Trump has already broken his promise to repeal and replace Obamacare. Ridiculous, the man is not even in office yet and has no authority so he has broken no pledge at all. You are simply not going to give him a break, are you? If you paid attention during the endless campaign, he said many times he wants pre-existing conditions to be part of the new plan and it's part of Obamcare. He is saying it still. That is easy to do with actuarial pools. You should know that Trump will NEVER reveal his plans to the enemy in advance. He'd be stupid not to take a conciliatory tone at this point. It's what is called strategy.
What I take away from West's article is that we have to STOP being purists. "I get my way on everything or else" is a poor way to assess anything. Can we just take a wait and see approach and let him get through the first 100 days before we join the democrats to trash him? For me, I've had ENOUGH!
Good advice, Pat!
Hey, Eric. I can answer your question about McCain. Soros democrats were helping McCain, the Independents largely voted for him. The Rep faithful tried to get our insipid state chairman to close our primaries which would have kept the independents from voting for McCain in the primary and he would have lost there. The faithful worked really hard to get people to vote democrat or one of the other candidates or not at all. But they were too scared to do that. That was the right strategy- don't vote for McCain! Simple. This website posted that so many times but people didn't get the strategy. Don't leave out the fact that when people went to the republican HQ to make phone calls for Trump, they found themselves making calls for McCain! Our ignoramus of a chairman is a McCain guy and did everything he could -including spending all the money meant to elect Trump- on McCain. McCain used democrat money to purge the party of the faithful in favor of the do-nothings. So there you have it. I'm now hoping he won't be able to serve out his term, the old hypocrite. It would be so easy to take out Flake if republicans were smart enough to give old McCain the shaft. now that will be harder, too. Oh, I voted for the democrat!
I voted democrat there too.
A poisonous snake is still a poisonous snake whether he rattles or not. Obama staying in DC is very telling. He will do what ever he can to disrupt Trump's administration and the media is there to help. Recall how they destroyed Bush (43). I know, I know, he helped them. He was kind of like a Leming going over the cliff.
Out of curiosity, how did McCain manage to get reelected? A RINO to the core. And yes, Mr. Kennedy, the corrupt(ed) media will continue to abandon all hope of fairness, of true investigative reporting, of any semblance of integrity. I know not what Mr. Trump plans, but I surely hope he truly knows what he's up against.
As for McCain, well all I can say is the lesser of two evils....But not by much. Like I told some folks, in McCain's case he is old and may not live out his term, but Kirkpatrick is younger and most certainly will live much longer....Once they are in office (as you can note with McCain) it is very, very hard to get them out again.
There is a rumor out there that Col. Allen West would be considered for the "outsider" position of Asst. Secretary of Defense. Wouldn't that be so nice. A military man who knows the heart of American values, and Liberty.
This 3:28 video tells it like it was ... and is: