Former US Army officer in South Korea explains what a war with North Korea would look like

[Editor: The days of "duck and cover" and bomb shelters have passed, except in rural areas, where would one find a bomb shelter today.  If they did, how safe would that even be?  We are now in a whole new world of warfare with presidents for the past 25 years engaging in "talks" with North Korea with no results.  Meanwhile, the Koreans have advanced their nuclear ambitions.  We were wondering, for a country as poor as NoKo, where are they getting the money for these tests?  It appears there is an underground system among some banks and countries like China that are supplying Kim Jung-un (this is also popularly spelled Jong-un and Jun-un) the resources for this program.  China is on the record saying they will not interfere with the missile tests in North Korea.]

This is what Chetan Peddada, expert on North Korea policy, hypothetically thinks we are facing:

In a secret underground base, Command Post Tango, the combined headquarters of the U.S.-South Korean command, is abuzz with activity.
North Korean artillery has pummeled sites around Seoul, leaving thousands of South Korean and American civilians and service members dead.
A toxic combination of North Korean provocations and U.S. escalation has prompted the North to launch a last-ditch effort to seize the whole peninsula.
As the generals fill an auditorium-sized sand-table battlefield showing the disposition of friendly forces and the extent of likely follow-up attacks, hundreds of thousands of South Koreans are displaced in and around Seoul, seeking shelter and safety.
Reports of North Korean insurgent strikes are streaming in as computer screens flash with alerts of cyberattacks on Seoul’s infrastructure, taking water and power off the grid and paralyzing attempts to help the civilian population.

This is a fictional scenario, but an all-too-possible one.

As a U.S. Army intelligence officer in South Korea, I helped prepare for various war scenarios by testing assumptions and refining war plans in several theaterwide exercises.

Put fears of full-blown nuclear war aside for a moment. We’ve never been closer to a conventional North Korean attack on South Korea, and I can attest that the U.S. military knows how devastating the consequences would be. We can expect a massive humanitarian crisis, enormous loss of life, and economic disaster.

There’s almost no doubt that the North would lose — but in going down Pyongyang could take much of the Korean Peninsula with it.

Pyongyang goes all in

Continue reading on  Business Insider

Views: 130

Replies to This Discussion

Is the ongoing verbal attack on N, Korea related to the fact that NK is but one of three countries still not operating under the enslaving monetary policy of the Rothschilds or is it just coincidental?  The New World Order can't be completed until all the worlds people are placed in bondage such as we Americans are with over $100 T public and private debt; not a penny of which can be repaid under our present monetary policy that is in compliance with the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto?

That "bondage" is the power and control over others ... it is the materialistic number ... of a 666 !!!!!!!!!!!!

It is the redistribution of wealth in Marxism, and our "we will fundamentally transform America" and "never let a crisis go to waste".

That is certainly something to consider. The other question is - are the N Korean's conducting these missile tests because they believe since they are standing alone against the robber barons, while siphoning money from Iran and China, a protection for them against retaliation?

None of us know what the aftermath of a real nuclear exchange with other nations would be like for we would never imagine it totally. Douglass MacArthur appears to have been right all along with his ideas to continue the attack against North Korea and China in the Korean War, but Pres. Truman had other ideas and relieved him of his military command. That War did not result in "victory" it resulted in a United Nations appeasement to communists who have lived to fight a cold war with The Soviet Union, and an uncertain Chinese military expansion in the pacific allowed by our drug of government addiction .. our nation's debt and the debt to other nations. America loaned cash to our former enemies in the world ... for Interest dollars ... on that debt owed to the enslavement Bankers. Danger looms where self-serving materialistic ego's prevail.

You're correct and it's time we look at this for what it is a Threat to America as was Japan and Truman was right in dropping the Bomb on them a it did save American lives as well as Japanese lives. We need to take the same approach with NOKO now and not allow them to sell this to others who could also just carry it into our country with our Poor Border Security No. & So., if we continue to appease NOKO & China just for the sake of cheap imports than Americans have sank to the same level as other nations in history.  I do believe America has lost its' Moral Compass and until we get that back our so called leaders will continue to make decisions based on $$$$$$'s rather than on Our National Defense, MacArthur as well as Patton ideas were correct then and still are but do we have any of they type of leaders today we had then at any level of government or in the military to speak out for us as I'm waiting to hear one openly challenge the so called weak kneed experts who only talk about the cost in $$$$$$'s as far as shopping goes even before they mention the Cost of Lives if we don't but very seldom the Cost if we don't.  God Bless You; Clair VAN Steenwyk / Constitutional Activist / http://vanscrossroads.com/

Clair, you may have said the most profound comments ever posted.(period added at end of sentence)  I don't know because I don't know where one sentence stops and another starts and frankly, I rarely read your posts because of that.(period added at end of sentence)  It would be more instructional for us if you would use standard grammar so we could all be sure what you intend to say.(period added at end of sentence)  Thank you!(exclamation point used to end the sentence)

Hi Jasper; I've been told my writing is what they call conscience flow writing, basically from what I understand about that is I write as though I'm having a conversation with someone face to face or giving an address to a group.  I'm sorry for the poor punctuation as always and I'm still a work in progress, however believe you get the drift. I also believe when a Nation is governed by $$$$$$'s over Human Life then we have fallen to a New All Time Moral Low, and by the way most of the $$$$$'s they're talking about are the Profits to the Big Corporations, not the American peoples future Freedoms or Security, as you can't have one without the other and Money didn't buy our Freedom or Grant us our Rights.

God Bless You; Clair VAN Steenwyk / Constitutional Activist

Thanks for that explanation.  When you speak out loud to someone, even on the phone, your voice has inflection and pauses so it's easy to understand. When you write, we don't get that. So I appreciate your willingness to use standard grammar while writing so we can understand what is on your mind.

I'm trying and not always with a great deal of success, hopefully others will understand this as well, I've mostly done on air commentary and then some writing on our site, and now linking the two together with articles & shows, hopefully this will save some time and give more the ability to listen or read they're choice.
God Bless You;  Clair VAN Steenwyk / Constitutional Activist

Let us NEVER FORGET what Obama did to our seasoned military Generals and Admirals by relieving them of command for political expediency. We have neophytes controlling our nuclear arsenals, and a Navy like it was ... before WWI. .... America is a sitting duck with China holding our debt, and with our chances of averting a nuclear War. Does anyone think that China will back down from an trade embargo by Trump when they BUILD islands for a military expansion? The Donald is being plain stupid.

MacArthur was right on, and Patton wanted to free 5500 SS officers in camps to chase down the Russians and get rid of them. Eisenhower knew about 25k allied prisoner's of war in camps captured by the Russians and taken back to the Communist Nation after WWII. Ike also knew about the 8-12k p.o.w.'s in camps taken by the N.K. and Chi-coms back to the Commie Nations after the Korean War. Patton was killed by the OSS. Wild Bill Donovan gave the orders and the book "Target Patton: The Plot to Assassinate General George S. Patton " BY Robert Wilcox ( A competent scholar) Eisenhower was tainted for whatever reason. We will have wars until we play to win, but not with the Generals in there now! Both Patton and MacArthur were the Donald Trumps of the Military. Patton only made one mistake in all of his adventures, trying to rescue his Son-in-Law, but Ike never had great victories, except when Patton saved his ass on the Battle of the Bulge. Both MacArthur and Patton had big heads but for the most part they were right. Petraeus, McChrystal, and others today are tainted. General Stanley McChrystal covered up the death of Pat Tillman, and General Petraeus committed treason.

Attachments:

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

At present, most persons decide to act on whatever happens with their thoughts. But doing so puts them in competition with one of the creator's natural laws first identified by Richard Wetherill.

How?

The answer is not complicated. People must stop basing their behavior on their personal thinking. Instead they have to act on the creator's thoughts, here being described in the English language as rational, honest, and morally right.

No longer should people reason from their concepts of good and evil, right and wrong, likes and dislikes, or whatever else comes to mind. Instead, mankind must think the creator's thoughts. That enables them successfully to do what is rational, honest, and morally right.

That may seem incredible until understood. But, consider that it is the way that mankind can escape the death penalty everybody has been paying since the days that people were created.

Join the survivors who have stopped their personal thinking. They now base their behavior on the creator's guiding thoughts to act in a way that is rational, honest, and morally right.

The Alpha Publishing Co.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2017   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service