Trump administration officially apologizes for IRS tea party targeting and other news

- The Washington Times - Wednesday, October 25, 2017

The IRS admitted in court Wednesday that it wrongly targeted tea party and other conservative groups for intrusive scrutiny, placing specific blame on former senior executive Lois G. Lerner, and entered into a settlement designed to make sure that kind of political targeting never takes place again.

The filing, made in federal court in Washington, D.C., amounts to a stunning apology from the Trump administration for actions taken under President Barack Obama, when hundreds of tea party and conservative groups were singled out for intrusive screening, forced to wait years for their applications to be approved, and subjected to outrageous questions.

According to the documents, the IRS and tea party groups have asked a judge to declare that discrimination on the basis of political views is a violation of the First Amendment, and is illegal.

“Disparate treatment of taxpayers based solely on the taxpayers’ names, any lawful positions the taxpayers espouse on any issues, or the taxpayers’ associations or perceived associations with a particular political movement, position, or viewpoint is unlawful,” the consent agreement says.

The agreement will still have to be approved by the judge, but both the Trump administration and the lawyers representing more than 40 tea party groups agreed to the deal, clearing the way for court acceptance.

Continue reading...

On another topic, 

Emails Appear To Confirm That President Obama's DOJ Funneled 'Slush Fund' Money To Leftist Orgs 

Continue reading here...

Or Here

And when you are done with that and you have 1 hr 48 minutes to spare, this video tells you things about the Shadow Government and deep state that will make your eyes bug out.

https://youtu.be/rMzASKwtIBw

Remember when the quintessential criminal in the White House was Richard Nixon, whose crime was to break into the Democrat HQ and then erase the conversation about it? Peanuts!

Thanks to the Clintons and Obamas, that vision of "I'm not a crook" Nixon will fade into history.

Views: 91

Replies to This Discussion

OK, that's nice.  But what are the actual prison terms for Lois Lerner, et al?

Can any one tell us why it is it that crimes can be proven or admitted to but none of the guilty are ever imprisoned? 

You mean for politically connected or high-level government officials, right?  Especially for those working for Progressive causes, not for people like Scooter Libby or even Nixon's staff.

I think ya'll want justice like yesterday.  Well, it'd be nice if it worked that way, but we also know that government doesn't work that fast.  Besides which, President Trump has to slowly build cases against people like Lerner, Hillary, Obama, Holder and et al.  Me, I've got enough patience to wait another 7 years.

Good thinking, Larry. 

Those of us who lived through the Nixon years know it took almost 3 years to get the evidence on his illness ... before he resigned in disgrace ... but he protect the Presidency by doing so to avoid an impeachment conviction. That is something that Bill Clinton SHOULD HAVE DONE ... but because Democrats would never do that ... he didn't. Democrats always have a "personal addiction" to their own self-interest.

And Clinton still isn't sorry or apologetic.  Neither or them are.  Arrogance to the max.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service