From azcentral.com:

More hashtags trending ..State SuperintendentDiane Douglas might have a future in the branding game if her Ed Department gig doesn't work out.

She found a label that stuck last week while critiquing Gov. Doug Ducey's education platform: She called out charter-school operators and former state school superintendents, labeling them a "shadow faction" that supports Common Core and moving money from traditional schools to charters.

Lisa Graham Keegan, a former school superintendent and apparently the shadow leader, took the name and ran with it. She sat up late ordering coffee mugs emblazoned with #shadowfaction. For those who support such efforts but aren't shadow-factionistas per se, she's got #shadowfactionfan mugs.

No doubt, one of the mugs will be headed to our hashtag-loving governor.

Keegan questions the moniker, saying, she's very much in the stark light of day in her support for school choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Douglas retreats, then charges, in Ducey duel

azcentral.com   

State schools Superintendent Diane Douglas appeared to step back from her showdown with Gov. Doug Ducey on Friday, striking a conciliatory tone at a morning news conference where she said she hoped the two could work together to clarify in statute the bounds of her authority.

But Douglas maintained she had acted lawfully when she fired two State Board of Education staffers this week, a move Ducey had condemned as illegal. And later Friday, a combative Douglas voted at an afternoon Board of Education meeting to prevent the employees from returning to their state offices.

Douglas believes state law grants her the right to hire and fire Board of Education staff. Ducey holds that the board, not the superintendent, has that authority, and his office has cited a 1985 attorney-general opinion to support its view.

The battle between Douglas and Ducey, newly elected Republicans, quickly escalated into a public spectacle Thursday, after the governor said Douglas had acted illegally Wednesday in firing the board's executive director, Christine Thompson, and its assistant executive director, Sabrina Vazquez.

Views: 152

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't Gov Ducey campaign on stopping Federal government overreach including overreach on education thereby getting Arizona  out of the Common Core Curriculum? Maybe I misunderstood because he picked pro Common Core  people  to be on the State Board of Education. Or maybe I'm wrong on all counts. Can someone please clarify. Thank you.

Elisa - I know you don't believe anything a committed politician says to get elected.  We must stop listening to what they say and take a jaundiced look at what they do.  He had a stake in Cold Stone Creamery - not the sole ownership - and he nearly ran it into bankruptcy.  But to hear him tell it, his profits went to the moon!

I'm so glad Diane Douglas is up there fighting against Common Core. 

And we know that Gov. Ducey appointed people that WANT Common Core.

GOV. DUCEY - WE DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH NEW WORLD ORDER AGENDA 21 COMMON CORE!

AND WE'LL FIGHT IT TO THE END - OUR DEFEAT OR YOU OUT OF OFFICE!   C L E A R ! !

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service