This is from the Yellow Sheet.  If you don't know what that is, it's a private report put out by the Arizona Capitol Times and sent to those who can afford the high price with info that is not generally put out into the public domain.  From a recent copy:

Would you donate to this nest of incompetent thieves?

###

Then, there is this opinion and we don't disagree with much of it.  We disagree on Barto's "solid conservative" description.  We would better describe her as occasionally conservative. AZGOP is irrelevant by their own doing. LD's aren't doing much besides holding Pancake Breakfasts.  A few LDs are doing the work of the party, but very few.  That leaves no one watching the store:

American Post-Gazette
Distributed by C O M M O N S E N S E in Arizona
April 11, 2018
LOOKING AHEAD: ARIZONA STATE SENATE TO TURN LIBERAL
The Arizona State Senate is at serious risk of turning liberal next session. Right now Republicans hold a 17-13 majority over Democrats, but it’s a tenuous majority. Tenuous because two RINOs, Kate Brophy-McGee of central Phoenix and Bob Worsley of east Mesa, are part of that majority and they have no expected challenges to their re-elections this Fall. That’s unfortunate.
The makeup of the Senate could turn decidedly left because there will be a larger than normal turnover of Senators come January 2019. At last count, eight sitting Republicans and five sitting Democrats will not be in the upper chamber next year. Some are term-limited out and others are running for other offices. The makeup of the Democrats doesn’t matter because they vote in liberal lockstep on all conservative vs. liberal issues. Seven of the outgoing eight Republican Senators are expected to be replaced by current seatmates who are considered equally conservative or even more so. (If any of the expected switchers lose to a more moderate candidate, the Senate will be at even more risk and the State of Arizona will be in serious trouble. That’s why winning elections is important; [emphasis added] elections have consequences.) One of the expected changes will be the difference between another tenuously conservative Senate and a certain liberal Senate. That one change is current Representative Heather Carter of district 15.
Mrs. Carter is expected to switch seats with current Senator Nancy Barto. Mrs. Barto is a solid conservative on most issues, especially on family values issues. Mrs. Carter will join Mrs. Brophy-McGee and Mr. Worsley as RINOs. Assuming Republicans maintain their current slim majority – and that’s a fairly safe bet – on many issues where conservatives will clash with liberals, these three will often join Democrats in supporting liberal issues and opposing conservative ones. They will caucus with Republicans in body only; their ideologies are anything but Republican and certainly not conservative.
At the Capitol there are three numbers that drive everything: 31, 16 and 1. 31 votes in the House; 16 votes in the Senate; and one vote in the Governor’s office. With a Carter/Worsley/Brophy-McGee cabal, that 16 will be much harder to get to for good conservative governance to prevail. The three will work together to drive the Senate to the left; and the Democrats will relish every minute of it. Watch for no tax cuts, an expansion of the welfare system, more caving to the teachers’ union, and more vitriol all around.
The Arizona House of Representatives will need to grow a stronger backbone. Led by a new Speaker, whether that is Rusty Bowers, Darin Mitchell, or someone else, the House needs to up its game, get Governor Ducey to join them, play some hardball with the Senate and hold the line on any liberal shift.
The Watchman
But if the Watchman see the sword come, and blow not the trumpet, and the people be not warned; if the sword come, and take [any] person from among them, he is taken away in his iniquity; but his blood will I require at the Watchman's hand. (KJV) Ezekiel 33:6

Views: 249

Replies to This Discussion

Just a note: AFA has been warning precinct committeemen about the corruption inside the AZGOP ever since the very corrupt Robert Graham took over.  Most ignored us. No surprise.  No one wants to believe the unsavory truth.  Our job is to inform, your job is to decide.  Decide wisely!

As is said "You can take a horse to water but you can't make him drink" so no surprise "Most ignored" the warnings.

With so much at stake unethical behavior by AZGOP is not forgivable. 

and if Joe Arpaio  does not leave the Republican race for the Senate , it will guarantee a victory for the Democrat Sinema and for the Democrats because it will turn our state from its current purple to Democrat blue. 

I have no confidence in Ward either but would rather take a chance on her but Sinema is a first class campaign maven, has lots of money and we better vote pragmatically instead of emotionally.  I find people on this site are often so married to a candidate they can't see through the mist to the facts.  People on other local sites, too, but on more national sites, they seem less emotional about candidates

McSally cannot debate and as you know kicked a woman out of a rally because she asked the question, why are you not taking the challenge presented by Dr. Ward to debate.

Sinema is a social worker and an attorney who will debate rings around McSally in about 5 minutes.

Agree Myrna.

I am praying asking God to change Joe's heart.

Angie, Happy you are praying. Just in case I recently ask Dr Gorka if he would ask President Trump the next time he talked with him to have our President call the good Sheriff and diplomatically ask the Sheriff to withdraw his name. Seems ok for the Sheriff to throw his support behind Ward.

I also requested that Dr Gorka talk to the President about the AZGOP being bias in the primary season. Suggesting that if the President wants a Senator who is not of the Flake, McCain and kiss up to McConnel type then that would be Ward.

Thank you for talking to Dr. Gorka!

Current AZGOP chairman Jonathan Lines was treasurer of the AZGOP in 2016 and a key player in FEC money reporting.

Angie, you saved me the trouble of reminding Mr. Kenny that of those current officers he mentions, Lines WAS the treasurer, and should have known, if not been responsible for, the screw ups that the auditor caught.

I'm relatively new to all of the going ons with AZGOP. So thank you to those who are posting for that provides a perspective.

AZGOP et al seems to be always giving more to controversy.

One thing I have concluded is that AzGOP seems not to hide their bias in the primary season.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service