You know what they say about incoming... if you aren't over the target, they aren't after you. This is the establishment playing hardball with the AZGOP.  Clair Van Steewyk was the only conservative in the debate and the only non-politician.  Mack was barred from being there. Dirty politics at it's best.]

Sheriff Richard Mack for Congress

Press Release

For Immediate Release

January 24, 2018

Media contact: Howie Morgan (662) 832-8882 or Info@SheriffRichardMack.com

Arizona Republic Refuses to Allow Sheriff Mack in Candidate Debate

Newspaper joins with Establishment GOP to “shut out” candidate despite Second Largest Number of Signatures

Peoria, AZ – Despite being twice elected Sheriff in Arizona, having a longtime dedicated national following, and having the second largest number of signatures of any candidate running for Congress the 8th Congressional District Special Election – the Arizona Republic newspaper shut out Sheriff Richard Mack from participating in their online debate Wednesday night. Mack, a nationally known conservative leader who won a US Supreme Court case against President Clinton over the Brady Gun Bill, last week was refused onto the stage of a forum in Peoria.

Mack’s Campaign Manager Howie Morgan stated, “I don’t know how any so-called ‘legitimate’ news outlet can declare someone who has run so many times and often for multiple races at the same time – losing all of them – that the Arizona Legislature decides to pass a bill stopping that foolishness as a ‘legitimate’ candidate, but then deems a twice elected Arizona Sheriff with a national profile as not worthy to join the stage. The Arizona Republic did its best to make the Arizona GOP look like fools, and the candidates on the stage allowed that to happen.”

Sheriff Richard Mack stated, “It is outrageous that the political elite of the Republican Party still doesn’t understand why we in the grassroots cannot trust them to treat us with basic fairness. We are supposed to be the political party that is against picking winners and losers, but the Establishment just can’t help themselves. Only their crony friends with massive donors are allowed to play in what they always think is their own sandbox.”

“Long before I was elected Sheriff, I fought to protect the Constitution from those who would seek to usurp it,” Mack continued.  “I realize the political elite want to rig the system, but like President Trump we in Arizona have to ‘drain the swamp’ in the GOP as well.”

Since that landmark Supreme Court ruling Mack has written six books and appeared at over 120 conservative political rallies nationwide. He has stood against the incursions of the Federal Government and has fought for civil rights from Hawaii to Bangor, Maine. He is the Founder and President of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and is in the NRA Hall of Fame.

-30-

Editor's note: the debate can be viewed here if you hurry

Sheriff Richard Mack is a candidate for Congress in the Arizona Special Election GOP Primary on February 27. 

Views: 136

Replies to This Discussion

Should we really be dumbfounded that the media is dictating public opinion?   

They have no legitimate excuse.  They are either 1) Biased, 2) Incompetent or 3) Both.

That's my kind assessment.

I vote for 3)Both  It's clear to me they are worried about Mack.  I'm on board with him but not in his district.  We have the former conservative and current faux-conservative Schweikert.

Since this is a press release from the Mack campaign, it's not a surprise to see it presented as a "one side fits all." There's much more to this candidate than he and his team continue to present to the public--and Arizona Freedom Alliance could better serve the electorate of CD-8 by publishing "the other side." Let's start by noting Mack's a carpetbagger who doesn't live in CD-8. Yes, I know that's not a bar to running for the CD-8 seat, but to me--and from comments posted online by others--it's an issue, and I won't vote for him or any other carpetbagger. Before anyone takes exception to my referring to him as a carpetbagger, let's review some of his history that's conveniently missing from his campaign literature and the biography his campaign published.

• He was, in fact, elected twice as the sheriff of Graham County, Arizona, before he was then defeated in 1994, and in all those elections he was a Democrat.
  • In 1998, he ran for sheriff of Utah County, Utah, as a Republican, and he lost--beaten in the primary. Note his carpetbag began picking up some mileage.
  • Then, in 1999 he ran for Provo City Council, a non-partisan post, but was again eliminated in the primary. Pattern of losing? I think so.
  • Then as he was gearing up and filing to run for governor of Utah, in 2004, as a Libertarian, Mack said "No way I could be in the Republican Party anymore." Since his supporters don't refer to him as "Governor," it's easy to know the outcome of that campaign. He lost--or he quit!
  • Time to drag his carpetbag again, as he returned to Arizona to run for U.S. Senator in 2006--still as a Libertarian. If nothing else, he was consistent in this race too--as he lost.
  • Loading up his carpetbag once again, Mack went to Texas where he ran for the U.S. House of Representatives in the 21st congressional district in 2012. For Mack, it's clear the "anymore" in "No way I could be in the Republican Party anymore" was more short lived than a dictionary definition suggests. In this campaign he returned to the Republican Party and ran as a Republican. As you might expect, after reading his history, Mack lost in the primary.
  • Carpetbag time again, as he's back in Arizona, living in one congressional district, but running for office in another.

Let's review: He's been a Democrat (the only elections he's ever won, until he lost), a Republican who publicly turned his back on the Republican Party, a Libertarian, and back to being a Republican as he's pursued elected positions. He's also given his carpetbag quite a workout as he's tried to get elected in Arizona, Utah, Arizona, Texas, and back to Arizona.

Conclusion: The reason Mack's a prolific author--and not a career politician--is he's a prolific loser of elections. And, his past actions show that despite him running as a Republican this time, he'd be a better fit to run in the Chameleon Party. That's the party with the motto "Whichever Way the Wind Blows--Go There!"

These details are readily available for anyone who conducts an internet search. Here's a link to some of them: https://www.deseretnews.com/article/525036574/Candidate-changes-par...

George:  AFA is not taking sides. We are just posting what we see happening.  There is no question that Richard Mack is deliberately being targeted by the establishment side of the AZ Republican party.  Other candidates have been invited to put us on their distribution list to provide us with their voting record if they have one, their experience that qualifications to be elected to this office and a bio if they want to post a bio.  So far, only Mack and Van Steenwyk have done that.  We did get a post from another candidate that was a shameless electioneering piece which we could not post as it did not fit our policy.  We told the candidate to resubmit in accordance with our policy which we laid out.  If they want to inform and not electioneer, we will post it.  

We will take sides at some point in the coming weeks, not as an endorsement but as our preference.

However, if being a reformed Democrat is any criteria, some of our most conservative team members would have to leave AFA because some were originally democrats.  Including President Trump.

Thanks for your reply. I didn't suggest you were taking sides, merely that there was more to the story than was posted. Neither do I have any concerns about reformed Democrats. As should be clear, however, I have great concerns about reformed Democrats, who became reformed Republicans--who publicly criticized the Republican Party, who became reformed Libertarians, who might in the future again become reformed Republicans. I look for consistency, and I see little in the principles of ever-changing candidates. Finally, it's fair to point out that the National Rifle Association (NRA) recruited Mack to be the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit the NRA wanted to bring. That, by the way, is a common practice for advocacy organizations to gain standing in the court system to further their aims. And that's way different than Joe Citizen independently and privately suing the U.S. Government. Note: among many principles I subscribe to are these: (1) trust but verify, and (2) details matter. It's for those reasons I research and post about campaign claims. Finally, I look forward to seeing your preference and, I hope, your reasons for making that choice.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service