[Editor: Now THERE is an understatement!]

With incumbent U.S. Sen. Jeff Flake out of the 2018 Senate race, Arizona Republican primary voters have not yet settled on nominating his main challenger, former state Sen. Kelli Ward, as his successor.

Polls showed Ward with big leads over the unpopular Flake, but now that he's withdrawn from the race, Republicans and GOP-leaning independents appear receptive to an alternative to Ward, who failed in her 2016 primary challenge to Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz.

Voters 'extremely uncertain' who they'll vote for

A new poll of 500 likely primary-election voters from Higley-based Data Orbital found 32.38 percent either definitely or probably voting for Ward, compared to 29.21 percent who said they were definitely or probably not voting for her.

Another 33.73 percent said it would depend on who gets in the race and 4.68 percent refused to answer.

The poll, a combination of automated and live questions conducted Thursday through Saturday, has a margin of error of 4.4 percentage points.

"With a little under a year left to go, GOP primary voters are still extremely uncertain about who they will be voting for," said George Khalaf, the Republican pollster and consultant who conducted the survey.

"Pundits disagreed about whether Senator Flake’s announcement would hurt or help Ward’s chances and these numbers seem to prove that his departure from the race has definitely hurt her numbers," he said in a statement.

Continue reading

[Editor: We would like to see a poll that does include all possible contenders, including Jeff DeWit and Rep. Paul Gosar, who is said to be considering a run.  With those two included, which they were not in the poll, the numbers would be wilding different on the downside for Ward.]

Views: 313

Replies to This Discussion

Well I hope Arizonans do a lot bettre that Flake and McShame this time.

Amen!!!  Name recognition seems to be all Arizona voters comprehend, since the two worst people have kept getting re-elected!!  I know people who just don't want to think for themselves, ergo, sameo sameo!!! Or, are just plain un-informed and don't want to take the time & effort to learn!!!

AMEN

Especially the last sentence. Most are not interested thus no time.

Paul Gosar Is a winner they hate him. we need to hit back with UN Agenda 21 it is still on the book's.

Ernest: At the risk of showing my ignorance I must ask what it is that Rep. Gosar has done to free us from control by the U.N., from our financial enslavement due to a monetary policy that is in support of the 5th plank of the Communist Manifesto and/or from the un payable debts we owe that are a result of this policy? 

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service