Its surprising how much you can accomplish if you don't care who gets the credit
Thanks to Linda:
How do we get the following enacted? Here is my recommendation:
- All voters supporting candidates of either party for the November 2012 election should insist that their candidate sign a document online that the first piece of legislation that will be introduced and that they will co-sponsor (without amendments) in both the House and the Senate in January 2013 is the Congressional Reform Act of 2013.
- Any candidate not signing this pledge should be at a major disadvantage (or advantage) when voters go to the poles because we of the worldwide web will inform the electorate of the candidates support (or not) of this Reform Act.
- I recommend that apart from forwarding this email to at least 20 people, each person reading this email should print at this one copy* of the Reform Act and when visiting current representatives or future representatives over the next 11 months we should wave the Congressional Reform Act of 2013 in the air and at "question time" we inform the supporters of the candidate of the Reform Act and ask whether the candidate will support the Act if elected.
*extra copies could be distributed at a meeting to inform those present.
- If you agree with Warren Buffet and Chris Brant's amendment please resend the email to your mailing list.
Winds of Change....
Warren Buffet is asking each addressee to forward this email to a minimum of twenty people on their address list; in turn ask each of those to do likewise.
In three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one idea that really should be passed
_*Congressional Reform Act of 2013*_
1. No Tenure / No Pension.
A Congressman/woman collects a salary while in office and receives no
pay when they're out of office.
2. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social
All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the
Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into
the Social Security system, and Congress participates with the
American people. It may not be used for any other purpose.
3. Congress can purchase their own retirement plan, just as all
4. Congress will no longer vote themselves a pay raise.
Congressional pay will rise by the lower of CPI or 3%.
5. Congress loses their current health care system and
participates in the same health care system as the American people.
6. Congress must equally abide by all laws they impose on the
7. All contracts with past and present Congressmen/women are void
effective 1/1/12. The American people did not make this
contract with Congressmen/women.
8. No former Congressman/woman can become a lobbyist in Washington until at least 5 years after they have left office.
Congressmen/women made all these contracts for themselves. Serving in
Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers
envisioned citizen legislators, so ours should serve their
term(s), then go home and back to work.
If each person contacts a minimum of twenty people then it will
only take three days for most people (in the U.S. ) to receive
the message. Don't you think it's time?
THIS IS HOW YOU FIX CONGRESS!