The U.S. House of Representatives successfully passed its 2018 budget resolution on Thursday without a single Democratic vote, according to The Hill.

Republicans in the Senate will now have the opportunity to pass the tax reform legislation and give President Donald Trump the chance to sign it into law.

The legislation passed in a 219-206 vote, with lawmakers essentially voting across party lines. Eighteen Republicans and every single Democrat voted against the bill.

Several Republicans touched on the significance of the vote given how meaningful it is for tax reform.

GOP lawmakers hailed the vote as meaningful because of the tax measure.

“We haven’t reformed this tax system since 1986. We need to pass this budget so we can help bring more jobs, fairer taxes and bigger paychecks for people across this country,” Speaker Paul Ryan, R, Wisc., said during House floor debate.

During a debate on the House floor, House Budget Committee Chairman Diane Black, R-Tenn., said the measure will grow the middle class and American businesses.

“Our budget specifically paves the way for pro-growth tax reform that will reduce taxes for middle class Americans and free up American businesses to grow and hire,” said Black, according to PBS.

Republicans argue the bill will jump start economic growth while cancelling out revenue loss and any deficits added to the $20 trillion national debt, according to the Washington Post.

[Editor: Now watch as the Senate obfuscates and stalls and puts this on the shelf with the 200 others the House passed and sent to the Senate since Jan 20, 2017]

Continue reading....

Views: 142

Replies to This Discussion

Just curious why 18 Republicans voted against it.  Were they the more moderate/Liberal, or the more Conservative, elements of the party?  In the meantime, I hope Trump continues to expose McConnell as the feckless Progressive he really is. 

Trump gave McConnell's wife a cushy, well paying job in his administration.  I say it's time he applies pressure where Mitch will feel it most by promising to remove her if Mitch doesn't stop this 60 vote nonsense in the Senate.

The other thing to do is call out the Establishment RINOS and tell the American Taxpayers who is holding up President Trump's agenda.

I anticipate Trump will tire of trying to suck up to the phony Republicans who answer to their big donors and personal careers over what's best for the party and country.  He will see them as unworthy of making any business dealings with and either go around them or beat them at their own game.  Maybe he can't take these swamp dwellers down directly, but surely he can use their greed and excessive pride against them.  They need to be publicly shamed and pushed aside.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service