Office of Management and Budget Director Mick Mulvaney is no longer saddled with this headache: the leadership challenge at the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is over. The OMB director has been in charge of the CFPB since last November, which turned into another front in the resistance war against the Trump White House. Then-director Richard Cordray resigned last year to prepare for his Ohio gubernatorial run. His deputy, Leandra English, thought she would take the reins, but the CFPB is within the executive, so Trump tapped Mulvaney to head the agency until a replacement could be found. English and Mulvaney then engaged in a prolonged legal battle over who is captaining the ship. In the end, the court ruled that Mulvaney would be acting director; English subsequently filed a lawsuit. 

In the meantime, there was reportedly a group of rebel CFPB workers, calling themselves “Dumbledore’s Army,” using encrypted devices to communicate. Mulvaney has recently fired the CFPB’s advisory board after some members started to lob criticism his way. In June, a federal judge ruled that the CFPB’s structure was unconstitutional. Now, English is resigning from the CFPB and dropping her lawsuit aimed at blocking Mulvaney’s appointment as acting director (via LA Times):

Continue reading...

More winning!!!

Views: 120

Replies to This Discussion

Another victory by the Trump Administration over the swamp dwellers.  Let there be many, many more, and may they be even more significant in scope.  Can we clean out the IRS, say, next?  And I hope we weren't set back too much with Pruitt's firing from the EPA, a monstrously sized swamp.

Seems to me that the way the O administration setup the CFPB it also allowed for Trump to easily upset the agency applecart.

Tit for tat.

I suspect that more house cleaning chores are to be done within the agency but a stellar start for sure.

I wouldn't be surprised in the 2nd term of a Trump administration that the agency doors were shut.

We need another caravan to DC this fall

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service