The Arizona Republican Party will be forced into holding it's every four year State Convention virtually.  The convention is to elect delegates who will attend the RNC Nominating Convention in Charlotte, NC in August.  That convention will also elect two critical positions for Arizona Republican politics: a National Committeewoman and a National Committeeman.  This is how Ballotpedia describes that position:

The national committee's purpose involves oversight of the presidential nominating process as well as supporting party candidates with research, polling and funding in races across the country. Each party also has two Hill committees, one each for the House and Senate, which are dedicated to helping elect candidates from their party to Congress and helping incumbents win re-election.

During the 2018 election cycle, these six committees were each among the top 10 spenders in congressional elections with a combined $1.3 billion in spending.[3] As of the April 2020 campaign finance reports, the same six party committees—three Democratic committees and three Republican committees—have raised a combined $947.5 million during the 2020 election cycle ($541.0 million across the three Republican committees and $406.5 million across the three Democratic committees).

This is a critical decision to be made by delegates who will elect these two people on May 9.  We are distressed that a well-read email blog has blundered into a very bad position on who to support for the National Committeeman.  They have put out a call to vote for the very seriously flawed former chairman of the AZGOP, Robert Graham.  There are plenty of candidates for this position from which to choose.  Any one of them would be better than Robert Graham.

If you were a reader here in 2015-2016, you might remember the exposes` we put out on Graham.  While our opinion of this person was peppered though the reports, those reports were based on provable facts.  

Here is just a sampling but you can search Robert Graham in the search box at the upper right corner to find many others along with comments from our readers who were aware of his checkered background.
This is our response to the American Post-Gazette over the name of James Madison (who would never ever support this man):
"This is a shocking report. While we don't disagree on Tyler, you have failed to characterize Robert Graham. Let us enlighten you in case you missed this important information about Graham:
"He was charged in California with money laundry. He and co-conspirators raised money for a 501(C)(3) tax deductible charity for kids and then moved the money into a non-tax deductible PAC. He paid $1,000,000 to the state of California to keep from being prosecuted. https://arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/group/arizona-news/forum/to... ;
"As chairman of AZGOP, he went after LD23's 119 State Committeemen votes for chairman in 2016 by charging that district with holding an 'illegal' meeting to elect those SCs. Despite that district followed the same procedures as in years past and the same as 27 out of 30 other districts, it cost that district over $20,000 to ensure their SCs were seated at the Statutory meeting. It was an attempt to keep 119 votes from going to Jim O'Connor. The voting was electronic and O'Connor "lost" by 30+ votes and Graham refused to allow the O'Connor camp to review the voting tabulation records, saying to come to the office to see that. Of course, a team sent to the office never got anthing but ridiculous excuses for not allowing them to inspect anything. What was he hiding besides himself behind McCain's attorney? https://arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/group/all-things-conservati... AND https://arizonafreedomalliance.ning.com/group/all-things-conservati...
"Next Graham moved on to Massachusetts where he bilked a 90 year old woman of her life savings while pretending to be a wealth advisor - or whatever title he used there. He was again charged for breaking the law. He wiggled out by ponying up cash to pay off his crime.
"On to Groveton, NH, situated in a once beautiful river front setting, where he talked city fathers into partnering up with him on a real estate deal. That city had a long-abandoned paper mill that was an eyesore for years. They entered into an agreement with Graham and his partner, Erik Wenuck. They were supposed to clean off the property, sell off the metals and build a shopping mall or other buildings desparately needed in the town. True to character, Graham scammed the city out of $$ and disappeared. The property was tied up and sat empty until just recently when a true savior took over the property and developed it for the benefit of the town.
"But that is not all. Ask Graham what he did in 2016 with the RNC money? Ask him about the SEC violations as Chairman, moving money from account to account unlawfully. A claim was filed against him with the SEC. McCain got that claim frozen but now McCain is gone and that was finally adjudicated against Graham and he was found guilty of abuse of campaign finance laws. Look it up!
"Here is some documentation for you:

This link reveals Graham's own outrageos and false claims:

"These two enshrine the cheating Graham engaged in while chairman:

"This is just a sampling of Graham's checkered past... and a zebra does not change its stripes. We are aware that Graham is or has been a part of your group but surely, you don't believe a man with this background should be anywhere near a political job that includes any responsibility. And we have to wonder at his creativity in misappropriating money he might get his hands wrapped around. We wonder who he will bilk for the money he needs to do this job because he has none of his own except what he bilked out of others... or so it seems based on his past."

And there you have a sample of documented action taken by this man. Do not vote for him. Repeat: do not vote for this man.  A search will reveal even more, should you need more reasons to never let this man get elected.  We support Brett Mecum for this position.  He has the experience in dealing with double-dealing operatives, of which there are many.  There are some excellent and well-liked men in this race.  A bit more seasoning is needed for them to serve this position well.  By the way, this is a voluntary position and all costs, estimated to be $12,000-$15,000 per year for four years, is out of their own pockets.  Although, do not overlook some of the generous perks that come with the job.

Views: 926

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

My vote for National Committeeman goes to Joe Neglia and for National Committeewoman I will vote for Lori Klein Corbin. 

I trust not Voatz.

Agreed. Will Lori run for office?

Lori is a candidate for National Committeewoman.

Very surprised at the Arizona Freedom Alliance endorsing this man. Brett Mecum is not  a PC nor a  State Committeeman  .  The AZ GOP decided to interpret the rules and say that the only prerequisite to be a NCM or NCW was a registered  Republican.   This interpretation allowed Brett Mecum and Tyler Bowers to run .  Why are the rest of us having to jump through hoops to be become a PC and SC ?  This interpretation would allow someone who is a Democrat switch to Republican simply to run and take over .  In addition here is a story about Tyler Bowers who you may want to add to your list.  Besides this story, ask how many PC has he recruited from Turning Point https://bigleaguepolitics.com/turning-point-usa-schemed-for-coronav...

The point is simple, Myrna.  We don't  make the rules.  But we will play by them.  This position is extremely important to whether Arizona gets money in election years from the RNC.  And if so, how much, what strings will be attached, etc.  We know a lot of the men on this list and we like everyone that we know.  That is not the point.  The point is to select a man with the experience, hutzpah and ability to play in a huge arena to be successful.  We support the person who WILL BE ON THE BALLOT, will get votes and has what it takes to be successful in this position.  It is not an easy position and those in the arena play for keeps.  We never personally liked Bruce Ash.  But there is no denying he was good for Arizona at that particular job at that particular time.  This is much bigger than a label and if the best person in the pool doesn't have a label that is not being required this time around, right or wrong, then we better be voting for the meanest person... and by that, we mean able to stand up to severe pressure!  We make practical decisions, not emotional ones.  One last thing: some of the most capable people in PC politics did not get voted as a State Committeeman this term.  Internal "I don't like that person" politics played a huge role in who did or did not get elected as State Committeemen.  It had nothing to do with qualifications.  Districts bypassed proven workers who might have ruffled a few feathers and instead, elected PCs who had been in the job exactly one month.  Or less. Therefore, that process cheapened the pool for everyone.  It's a big blemish on the Republicans.  Emotions rule.

We are quite well aware of Tyler's reputation and past action.  The article is about Robert Graham, a State Committeeman simply because LD15 was targeted by the McCain cabal and the best of the crop of precinct committeemen were jettisoned.  That is our point.

Neither my words or tone were emotional.    Mr. Mecum is very capable and brings much experience .  .Mr. Mecum  was never a PC so there is a question of  principle.  My communication with him has been most respectful . We have never met. .  It is a matter of principle. He didnt set the rules  nor did you . AZ GOP did and when asked talks about " interpretation" . You will go with the what it is . I have my own principles  and the fact that he is not a PC or SC is a concern.  Yes, I have come across people who wouldnt vote for candidates with clear qualifications because they didnt like his /her handshake or their personality.   What can I say ? Our country voted twice for  Obama and we continue to have Never Trumpers in the Republican party .

I'm smiling Ms Myrna. No your words or tone were not  emotional just stating good points. Good for you!

I always like when people on this site for FREE take the operators to task over silly crap.  So, Myrna, your tone was not emotional.  I give you that.  Your point of view is however.  Think like a pragmatist.  This guy in going to be on the ballot and he seems to be very qualified.  After I read this article I looked up this Graham guy again. I remember all the bad stuff that was put on this site a while back. Even as a PC I had no reason to interact with him.  I wonder how he ever got elected to anything and how dumb we republicans can vote.  I'm thinking the same thing now, too.  Throw out a guy who seems well qualified (i looked him up too) and vote for a nice guy who has no experience which is what describes most of the candidates.  I was not sure who to vote for with so many running but some have dropped out so it's a smaller field now.  I'm thinking I will vote for this Mecum guy.  He's got some serious conservatives backing him.  BC as stated by AFA some excellent people in my LD didn't get voted a SC due to the chairman had his own agenda.. a liberal one.  The SCs are not as legit as they once were.

Hey Myrna, AFA didn't tell YOU how to vote (except for Graham) only who they support. Does that mean you have principles and they don't? Mean.  Are you actually comparing them to Obama voters?  Meaner.  Who is the never trumper in this article except this Graham guy who should not get a single vote?  Like I said, it takes a lot of gall to criticize those who give you a free forum to vent bc you disagree with their position.

Gosh I miss being in the battle and it is a battle.  I agree wholeheartedly that R Graham is the worst of the bad no matter the crowd he's in.  Tyler Boyer left the county party in a financial mess and was irresponsible.  This is an important decision and I hope the delegates vote with an eye to helping AZ win elections because in the end, that is what this is all about.   Focus folks on what is at stake.  Red or blue, that is what is at stake. Vote for the guy who will bring home the bacon and that means one with contacts where they need to be. W/O contacts in that world, nothing gets done. Contacts. Contacts.

Sounds to me that we ALL are in a boxing match surrounded by ropes that will hang the party ... IF .. we cannot agree on these most cherished issue, that our Liberty to choose the right candidates is in mortal jeopardy. Graham is obviously a NO VOTE ... anytime he's in the public forum. Now we can have differences amongst ourselves, but we MUST look within our own souls for the right candidate at this time to give us back our Liberty to choose, and the Freedom do use it.

I've always said that "Information is dangerous to those who want to enslave us to them". So let us do so to get the information out, and the AFA is doing just that, not to tell us what to do ... but what NOT TO do.  Some say politics is about compromise, and we see that daily, but it's also about doing what is right by our federal Constitution.

Since our founding, both political parties have fought internally, but today we are at a cross roads again as we were in 2010, and 2016.  Yes politics is personal and it's about differences, just as it could be about "what's for dinner tonight"? So I'd ask, Why do the Democrats always seem to stand up united for their leftist "principles"? Because their blood seems to be thicker than water especially on the Abortion issue.

We need strong leadership, with principles and connections, that will join other Republicans, even those with different opinions, so that we can look in the mirror for a positive future .. that will benefit Arizonians ... in this Federal Republic.  Do not be immune to a candidate that may not have all that we want, but also "never let a crisis go to waste" by squandering a chance to change the tide for Republican harmony.  A saying just like is real estate ... location, location, location gives us an edge to a sale, but remember that ... A History without a memory, is a History with NO future, and where the Cabal of thieves is our enemy from within.

Hold on Jaspergoat . I thought this was a form that welcomed differences of opinion .  I was wrong 

Myrna, of course you can register your opinion.  Jasper can as well.  We are not thin skinned so just post what you think and hopefully, Jasper and others will do the same.  We respect all opinions, even if we vehemently disagree.  It starts thoughtful conversations.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click to find your Senators or U.S.Congressmen

Click to find your members and Bills of the Arizona Legislature

POSTING POLICY:

NOTE:  Blog posts cannot be blasted to the membership.  Post in Opinions if you want your post to be blasted out.

Post on the correct tab that matches your topic.

Keep it brief and to the point.

Use the proper spelling and punctuation.

Please include the link to your source for the information you post.

Do not attack your fellow conservatives.

If you wouldn't say it to your mother, think twice before saying it here.

Follow these rules!

Click for 

**BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**

New Books added for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2020   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service