I believe there’s something suspicious about the great number of Congressional Republicans not seeking re-election in 2018. Roll Call reports that on average 22 House Republicans retire each cycle. But according to NPR we’re looking at a record number of Republicans leaving Capitol Hill. I’m not prepared to believe they have all decided they’ve served long enough and now it’s time to say goodbye to the lobbyists, glitz and glamor, and head back to the farm.

Being elected to Congress is the greatest welfare job available. There are only a total of 535 of those Access welfare cards available and even at that they are not all available at once.

Paul Ryan’s announcement that he would not seek re-election brings the number of House Republicans not seeking re-election to 39 for the moment.

Granted several are not seeking re-election to the House in order to run for a Senate seat, while a couple others have decided to run for governor of their respective states. And one Congressman isn’t seeking re-election because he is awaiting confirmation as NASA Administrator. Notwithstanding, my suspicions are that the great number of Republicans choosing to leave office at this point is not an accident, especially since many of their seats can be flipped by Democrats.

My suspicions are that many leaving office have been coerced, with the promise of lucrative positions for them and/or their families. Some are being forced to not seek re-election because they’ve been caught in compromising behavior. There are those who have been outed for their amoral behavior and use of taxpayer monies to buy their way out of the consequences for their immoral behavior. I remind you that the public still doesn’t know the names of all of the Representatives who spent over $17 million to cover up their sexual improprieties. Nor have the names of all of the Representatives who used taxpayer money to pay for the abortions of staff members and in one alleged case, the abortion of their daughter’s friend they were involved with.

I do not believe it is singularly Democrat operatives who are behind forcing Republicans out of the door. The past behavior of Karl Rove and the overall behavior of George Soros force me to ask the question: “Are the two men somehow working together to derail the President We the People constitutionally elected?”

Continue reading...

Views: 400

Replies to This Discussion

Myrna, I think conservatives might consider that claiming through a takeover of the GOP and rebranding as the Conservative Republican party just may be doable. Establishing a new viable 3rd party well not simple. Either one is a high mountain to climb.

What are we left with answer is keep fighting the good fight for the Republic will not survive if we don't.

To effect change within the GOP requires a  dedicated movement.

Lots of courage needed and all patriots would need to dig deep for the courage factor.

Hi Jasper, My comments do not describe Alex Meluskey as a spoiler and I would never say that about him. He is a patriot and in  2016  I campaigned for him alongside his  wife Roberta when he was one of the Republican candidates for Senator McCain's seat along with Dr. Kelli Ward and Mr. Clair Van Steenuyk. 

I am saying that some of his past supporters have personal feelings against Dr. Ward and voice them in FB. One of those supporters physically threatened me on FB and FB took appropriate action.    Past supporters need to be rational and focus on the future of Arizona rather than what happened in the  2016 .  We  again have the problem of 3 candidates which dilutes the chances of AZ having a Conservative candidate against the Leftist Democrat. The Democrats are united and the Republicans continue to be disunited.  This makes it easier for a Democrat victory thanks to RINOS like Senator Mitch McConnell who sticks his beak in AZ's business. 

Well said Myrna and very good reality perspectives.

Myrna: I suggest that to elect good representation we must know where candidates stand on important issues. This is one reason I would like to see the AFA members adopt a position paper covering their position on issues. In may opinion, some of the most important needs are for America to get out of its commitment to take joint and separate action in support of UN policies, out from under operating in consonance with the Communist Manifesto (especially the 5th plank), and out from under the mountain of ungodly and unconstitutionally created debt we theoretically owe. In evaluating candidates it is important to examine their history, especially those who have been in political office to find if they have taken any action on these issues. In the case of Ward and Gosar, the answer is no. And I can assure you both of them are aware of the need. Electing either of them would be back to repeating a process and expecting a different result; the definition of insanity.

Walter, in years past, AFA has made recommendations based on several criteria.  Look for that in late June or early July.

I will anxiously await your recommendations and pray they will be based on a thorough vetting. FYI - if you haven't watched https://revelationmovies.com/free-screening/?inf_contact_key=861113... I suggest you do. Very informative regarding the problem; very little regarding a solution.

appreciate your clarification, Myrna. I guess I'm too used to hearing that "spoiler" comment from the Ward Camp.  That election is over and we need to focus on this one.   I know you agree.  I wish we had better choices but we don't so we go with what we have, right?

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service