We always wondered how countries get taken over by dictators and now we know.  They learned at the knee of AZGOP Chairman Robert Graham.  Or maybe Graham learned from the likes of Castro or Hugo Chavez of Venezuela.  However that happened, it’s clear Graham has it down pat.

On Saturday, January 23, Arizona State Committeemen got a clear eyed view of the total disregard Graham has for the party faithful - the “Wacko Birds” and “crazies” in McCain parlance.  Of course, most of them learned that lesson shortly after Graham got elected by these same State Committeemen. Almost immediately, he began to ban party workers from the party headquarters. 

First, Graham threw out two resolutions that should have been on the agenda because he’s a coward:  resolution #1: Anyone But McCain was submitted and rejected by Graham because Graham is owned by McCain.  The resolution was passed by a wide margin at the Maricopa County Republican Committee meeting just a week earlier, despite Graham and his minions attempting every delaying tactic in their bag of dirty tricks, hoping the Committeemen would give up and leave.  Resolution #2:  Censure Robert Graham for failure to uphold his duties as Chairman, failure to carry out the mandates of the State Committeemen from last year, because he is under investigation by the Federal Election Commission for campaign finance violations, for kicking the Maricopa County Party out of the headquarters, though it had met in the headquarters for years under prior Chairmen, for consistently violating the Bylaws and other misdeeds.  Both resolutions were brought from the floor.

Graham, who paid a 7-figure fine in California to settle a case against him for money laundering, conducts party business in secret.  Then he concocts enormous lies to cover his behind and blames his failures on district Chairmen (sound familiar??).  This is business as usual for Graham, a blundering Chairman.

But back to the business of the resolutions:  state committeemen smelled a rat when legitimate Points of Order and motions were brought from the floor in accordance with the AZGOP Bylaws, which Graham considers a nuisance.  Graham failed to conduct business properly, as required, leading up to the meeting and again during the meeting.  The Chairman considered every Point of Order and motion Out of Order, his way of saying, take a hike, you heathen! 

When the two resolutions noted above came to the floor, his Parliamentarian droned on endlessly reading from Robert’s Rules of Order as to why the word “Shall” (legally meaning “absolute”) didn’t really mean “Shall”, why Robert’s Rules really doesn’t allow for the party to endorse candidates, even though neither resolution called for an endorsement but in fact, called for no endorsement.  Then, he droned on again as to why State Committeemen couldn’t censure the Chairman but eventually got around to reading that a legal suit would have to be brought and other obscure reasons not to allow the resolution to be heard, blah, blah, blah.  We can only guess how much of AZGOP money was spent digging up reasons to save Graham’s bacon.  Rumblings through the crowd favored suing him, not necessarily to take him out of office but to assure he could not get elected again next year.

This, dear reader, is why the Republican party is no longer a viable party locally.  What was demonstrated at that meeting made it crystal clear that the corruption within the Arizona party leadership is absolute and unwavering.  Maybe it is so in other states, possibly every state. Every State Committeemen who arose at the crank of dawn (it makes everyone cranky to get up at 4:00 am to get to these meetings), stood in the cold early morning, suffered bad lunchtime sandwiches and were subjected to a demonstration of Graham’s “I” problem (I did this, I did that, I am going to do….I am Mr. Wonderful, I, I…) was treated dismissively, as though they were road kill on the bottom of Graham’s GQ shoe.

Here’s the odd thing: it’s very likely that had Graham done the honorable thing, for maybe the first time in his adult life, and allowed the resolutions, supported by up to 261 people at the meeting - about half of those present in person - be heard and voted, that the resolution to censure him would have failed.  Although many told us he deserved to be recalled, not just censured, it didn’t appear that they really had the stomach to do the deed in an important election year when there is work to do to save the Republic.  It’s almost a certainty that the Anyone But McCain would have passed.  

Being magnanimous and showing real leadership is just not in the thin skinned Chairman's wheelhouse.

One last thing to be perfectly clear: the same kinds of things happen in the Democrat party, too.  The Founding Fathers would be so proud!

Views: 884

Replies to This Discussion

Clap clap clap!  Applause, applause!

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent the mistakes from being corrected" - G.K. Chesterton.

This election cycle will not change anything UNLESS we change the Spirit of the American ethics today, its values, its morals, and the heart of self-interest. This is a War of good vs. evil.

Amidst all this  ... Robert Graham, the ham hog, is seeking the position of RNC national chairmanship !!!

Even Trent Franks support that.  Is it because they are really the "establishment" sitting behind that curtain of Oz ... who are now showing signs of supporting the "anti-establishment" candidate Trump.  Something is wrong with that "deal" thinking where the true conservatives get the shaft once again. 

Trent Franks supports that because he is in McCain's pocket (something about a threat McCain a few years ago). He's worst of all... a sellout.  Purchased by the power of a threat from McCain.

The Chairman is supposed to non-partisan, Graham is not. He has his own agenda working for McCain. I just wonder how much he gets paid for all the corruption that he's causing. I wanted him RECALLED instead of Censured! He need to go.I think they were going by Robert Graham's rule instead of Robert's Rule of order!

McShame has a file on everyone! He thinks he's J. Edgar Hoover, reincarnate! What he really is, is a liar, thief,  and carpetbagging pseudo-hero, with no morals, and even less respect from veterans, who are not on his payroll!

All politicians in the state (nationally too) should be required to tell the electorate whether or not they are conservative. No more head-fakes. Then there must be proof by deeds, not by words. It's time to clean house before these clowns destroy this state and this country. It is ridiculous what they have been allowed to do. Look at what this country will be like in one or two generations because of the greed and stupidity displayed by republican politicians. It is time to replace them all and develop an effective way to vet all future candidates for any republican position. I met Chairman Graham at a local precinct meeting and was invited to visit his office for a meeting. His receptionist/assistant was extremely rude, treated me like I stole something, and told me, "the Chairman has no time to see you, check back in 30-60 days". Really? We need watchdogs for these "leaders". Are there any activists in the conservative base of the Republican Party?

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click to find your Senators or U.S.Congressmen

Click to find your members and Bills of the Arizona Legislature

POSTING POLICY:

NOTE:  Blog posts cannot be blasted to the membership.  Post in Opinions if you want your post to be blasted out.

Post on the correct tab that matches your topic.

Keep it brief and to the point.

Use the proper spelling and punctuation.

Please include the link to your source for the information you post.

Do not attack your fellow conservatives.

If you wouldn't say it to your mother, think twice before saying it here.

Follow these rules!

Click for 

**BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**

New Books added for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2020   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service