What next for Chairman Kelli Ward? Here is what we would like to see:

A good CEO knows how to delegate and then let that person do their job. This is critical to success!  We all must realize the McCain Machine is still in tact and will not give up easily.  It will take a good team of battled-experienced people to keep up with the many ways the machine will undercut the new chairman.

Immediately, find the very best knowledgeable, conservative and hire that person as Executive Director. What are the credentials that person would possess? Street smarts!  Knowledge of politics and politicians. Messaging skills. PR capability. Good at vetting and hiring staff, both paid and volunteer, that are capable and loyal. Fearlessness. People skills. Comfortable with those in high positions. Fundraising techniques. An active BS meter. Able to keep tabs on what is happening in the legislature and the governor's office.  For starters. Then let the ED hire needed staff. Bring volunteers in to do some of the work staff has been doing. Give the PCs ownership of their own party for a change.

Get a professional spokesperson. Ward is known to misspeak and then make all the headlines in a negative way. If AZGOP is going to recover from six years of Graham and Lines and 30 years of McCain, they cannot afford more bad press. Just because you wear the title of Chairman doesn't mean you are aware of the many ways the media will spin your words.  This is the wrong time to speak from the hip!  Political words are like bubble gum: they get chewed up, blown out of proportion and spit out.

Put together a committee of grassroots activists to handle PC recruiting. Committees should be made up of those with a track record of recruiting. Assign committee chairmen to cover specific areas of Maricopa, Pinal and Pima counties. Train local PCs in rural areas. The goal is to fill PC seats with conservatives and get the McCain machine out of the PC purging business. Entire districts that had been conservative for years are now establishment. Identify and attack those districts.

Find the best GOTV software that is also easy for neophytes to use. This will be critical in 2020 when the rank and file PCs will be called to get our Republicans elected. And President Trump. Nothing substitutes for GOOD GOTV software that empowers PCs to use this software.  The time to start working neighborhoods is yesterday. 

Get creative with fundraising. Rumor has it that some sore losers are set on working against Ward with the RNC and major donors. Ward deserves a chance to perform without more chaos. She must get in that game ASAP to neutralize this effort. It's puzzling that Republicans want AZ to fail to elect Republican candidates! If you can't help, get out of the way. And maybe the party.  Some have already said they would do that.  Excellent start.

Be a team player. This is NOT about who is Chair so much as it is about how the Chair will welcome the disaffected back into the AZGOP office. In many ways, Ward is caught between the devil and the deep red sea. She has to find a way to span that chasm. Everything hinges on it.

Communicate. Communicate. Communicate. Not like Lines communicated about irrelevant stuff most already knew. Communicate what the AZGOP is really doing to win over voters in 2020 and PCs between now and then. Example: We have an agressive recruitment going on.  Come to our briefing on XX date and time to learn about it.  Public details not needed.  Encourage PCs to volunteer where needed. We are tired of the secrets and bad behavior. Let's put bad behavior out to pasture along with those who express it.

Get creative with awards at the Chairman's dinner. The list of those awarded trophies for performance this past year is ridiculous. It was like rewarding chairmen, districts and individuals for failure. Pathetic and embarrassing. The AZGOP has embarrassed themselves for years. Time to hang it up on that.

Keep her husband under control and away from AZGOP. He's a loose cannon, too often. Not to everyone, but to anyone is too much.

Views: 478

Replies to This Discussion

I get the definition. I also get to protect a free market cost are big:  military, political costs etc.

And audit the books from the past hacks

It seems that the new chairman found quite a mess when she went to the AZGOP offices.  Some computers are missing and files thrown on the floor.  Our head admin texted her immediately after the announement that she won and warned her to go right away to the AZGOP office to secure it. She was told this was very likely to happen.  Apparently, she did not that the advice.  Pity.

This is a great post, thank you!  

It would be nice to see an independent, outside audit done for 2 reasons. One, there needs to be an audit. Two, any untoward activity can be reported to the feds and they can decide what to do about it. That way, the AZGOP might escape large and embarrassing fines as opposed to the feds themselves finding discrepancies.

AFA, Good ideas. Ward is really about 3 days into her tenure and along with these ideas offered I would bet she already has plenty of ideas of her own.

I got a little chuckle when I read the last paragraph  I was already referring to the dinner as "the academy of awards of  failure".

I would like to see that the awards dinner NOT be held the night before the state meeting.

It's tradition to have the Chairman's Dinner the night before because SCs for outlying counties are coming to town anyway for the meeting.  I think that is the right way to do it. but honor those who have actually done something for the GOP that is positive.  These people were the same people every time.  Others do much more but they have not been allowed in the office.

I get the convenience factor. However I stick with my position. 

All good thoughts,  I have some of my own:  Those of us who have refused to donate to the AZGOP the past several years need to sacrificially give to show the RNC, etc., that Kelli has our support.  On another note, as I wrote down all the votes for Chairman and Secretary on Saturday, I have a really good vote tally on which LDs and Counties voted for Lines and which for Ward.  This will be very good to study so we know where to get conservative PCs recruited.  I suggest that we get Tea Party groups developed in those districts/counties for the conservatives to get really educated on conservative/constitutional principles then to take back their district/county Republican Committees.  Who wants to join me?  There is an active effort to Make the Arizona Tea Party Movement Great Again.  We can pull off  2910, 2012 and 2014 wins in the State and Nation if we can get the disenchanted voters excited again.  Lets go for it!  I am feeling very hopeful, how about you?

aShirley, You have great points. I predict a good chunk of folks who left in disgust will now reconsider  a return.

All of our team members except one are Arizona Republican Assembly (AZRA) members.  Most were tea party in the early days of the Obama admin.  AZRA is more effective.  It attracts people who don't just want to learn what the issues are, they are poised to take action.  We suggest that AZRA is the most effective way to get volunteers to work.  Next year, we will be finding and endorsing conservative candidates in the PRIMARY.  No other Republican club is doing that.  Because, we are not a club but a legal organization in AZ since 1991 and in the country since 1934.  Right now, we are tracking all the important bills in the legislature and are using Request to Speak to influence legislation.  New things are coming to AZRA.  Contact us at info@azraaz.com

I joined AZRA last year. I am now a member of good standing in ConCR.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

New Books added for you.

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service