The Grand Old Party is about to commit suicide.
All this talk about Trump this, and Trump that, masks a far bigger political controversy. The Republican Party leadership in Washington, D.C., has fundamentally betrayed its constituents and they are about to learn that they’ve been double-crossed — for years.
Every Republican candidate’s stock speech sounds the same, the thunderous roar about a government out of control, federal spending out of control (insert charts and graphs and why, if you stack hundred dollar bills, they will reach the edge of the universe), federal taxes out of control (insert comparisons to socialist countries), the federal bureaucracy out of control (insert metaphors about chains, yokes, and the like), the family shattered with federal funding of abortion a crime against humanity (watch for it — there! The heart-wrenching sob), and our military is emasculated.
Two more items were added to the menu, courtesy of Obama. Obamacare Will Be Repealed! and Illegal Immigration Will Not Stand!
In 2009, the Democrats controlled everything, partly due to the Republicans’ cowardice on Capitol Hill, and in part because of some of the most inept candidates and campaigns America has seen in years. The Obama folks could have played it safe but went for socialist gold, using the power of the legislative and the executive branches (and later the judiciary, thank you Justice Roberts) to advance their agenda.
That included federal spending on a level unmatched in human history resulting ultimately in a $19 trillion in debt we simply cannot pay, and with so many tens of trillions of dollars in unfunded liabilities that “infinity” is not far behind. One seventh of the economy was confiscated by the federal government with the passage of Obamacare. Our national borders were declared open and discussions over our national sovereignty closed. And to top it off, the Democrats all but declared themselves above the law.
The GOP harrumphed that this would not stand, by God! If only… if only America would vote them into the majority.
In 2009, the Tea Party was born. The Grand Old Party was rejuvenated. Happy days were here again.
Just one year later, the Republicans captured the House, and with that, the power of the purse. They now had the authority to stop the insane spending on so many obnoxious and wholly unnecessary ventures. They could end Obamacare simply by not funding it.
Instead, under the “leadership” of John Boehner, it did absolutely nothing. Why, if only we had the Senate! Then we could take on the President!
[Editor: Nothing in this article is a surprise to anyone on AFA. We have known this for years but hope springs eternal. No more. Perhaps you know that the idea of dumping the republican party is germinating across America. Groups are forming up for the Constitution Party, The American Party, the America First Party and several others. While we don't believe for a moment that 80% of our elected lawmakers are doing the right thing (the other 20% are yammering about the 80%), there is no hope of out-voting the republican and democrat parties unless groups get together. So long as they are splinter groups, no matter their sincerity, they will be like spokes on a wheel without the wheel. It's doubtful that the current republican party will survive for long. Something will rise up to fill the void. But what? Bozell?
The democrats are in even more trouble. The time is ripe for a new party but a strong leader would have to step up and take charge of all the different ideas and groups.]