Taken from the MCRC briefs: “Trent-Franks Circulating Letter Calling For Cruz Or Rubio To Drop Out Of Race Congressman  Trent Franks, an Arizona Republican, sent the letter to fellow Republicans Wednesday evening. He's asking would-be signers to back his push to rally the establishment around either the Florida or Texas senator in an effort to defeat Donald Trump, the current frontrunner for the GOP nomination.”

Taken from the MCRC briefs:  “Mitch McConnell-Preparing-To-Sacrifice-Presidency-To-Save-Senate-Seats …While still hopeful that Marco Rubio might prevail, Mitch McConnell has begun preparing senators for the prospect of a Donald Trump nomination, assuring them that, if it threatened to harm them in the general election, they could run negative ads about Mr. Trump to create space between him and Republican senators seeking re-election. McConnell has raised the possibility of treating Trump’s loss as a given and describing a Republican Senate to voters as a necessary check on a President Hillary Clinton, according to senators at the lunches.

Whether or not one is a supporter of Donald Trump, Trump has so far capitalized on the anger with Washington.  Here are two good example of the disintegration of the Republican party!  If Trump is elected POTUS, he faces opposition in the house and senate, both.  Even though all the presidential candidates signed a pledge to support the winner of the election, the pledge didn’t apply to the house and senate!  So, the fat cats in D.C. are still up to their old tricks to retain their hold on power.  Where is the party?  It is up to the party to provided information on all candidates and let the voters decide then united we win, divided we fail.  With this approach looks like we can see a ‘Hillary’ president.  Where is the Party??

It can be seen in an article by Bill Hess, a retired reporter fir the SV Herald:  “It can be seen in the lack of trust for Congress, where party politics is disrupting the government, of, by and far the people.  Instead it has become government of, by and for the politicians.”And, “We don’t hold our elected officials responsible, as long as we are not being harmed”  Where is the party?

Jim

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

Maybe one of them could be Trump's running mate.  With Cruz, that would probably win 90% of the vote in November.  With Rubio, it might take 60%.   Yes, yes, I know Cruz & Trump would have to kiss and make up. 

I cannot see either of these men giving in to the other. They all want the "big enchilada" & chances are not likely that one would be willing to take a 'lower' position than president. Both Cruz & Rubio seem to be operating on ways to make Trump look smaller & less important. As a Republican, I'm embarrassed b/c of the actions of all these men-especially Cruz & Rubio. I am not condoning Trump's actions & yet this seems to be the way that Donald J. Trump has always acted. I feel that Cruz & Rubio have started to act this way b/c they feel it will be a way for them to beat Trump. NOT!

Don't forget Trumps a business man.  I think he would partner, knowing he's in control, if the deal was right.  With the GOP screwing with him, you never know.  Just what I expected from Trent Franks. What a piece of work.

While I am not a fan of Donald Trump, this effort by Trent Franks to convince us to go along with the “Establishment”, of which he is a member in good standing, is so like his group of elites. He seems to fit in quite well with this Un-American, Un-Conservative rhetoric.  Perhaps his constituents ought to look at his record and his contributions to the cause of freedom and honestly ask themselves “what has he done for us that has, personally, touched our lives in a positive way?” I’m going to venture to say, that nothing has touched their lives in this manner.  On the other side of this is the question, “what have we, his constituents, done for him that has personally touched his life.”  Even though I’m not in his CD, I can answer that quite easily…. You have given him a good paying job, you have given him the ability to earn a handsome pension that we will all pay for, you have given him free frequent flyer miles to travel anywhere in the world he chooses under the guise of protecting your freedoms, you have given him the ability to reach influential people in order to achieve his own purposes and you have given him the power to speak for you.  What has been your rate of return on this investment? If it hasn’t been that great, perhaps instead of trying to disenfranchise Donald Trump or Ted Cruz, he should be disenfranchised by the people of Arizona and allow someone else to step in and do the job that will truly and honestly affect the personal lives of the people in this state.  “But hey, what do I know.”

RSS

THOUGHTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

POSTING POLICY:

NOTE:  Blog posts cannot be blasted to the membership.  Post in Opinions if you want your post to be blasted out.

Post on the correct tab that matches your topic.

Keep it brief and to the point.

Use the proper spelling and punctuation.

Please include the link to your source for the information you post.

Do not attack your fellow conservatives.

If you wouldn't say it to your mother, think twice before saying it here.

Follow these rules!

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

© 2023   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service