....BY AZ REPUBLICANS INCREASINGLY LIKELY!

Arizona State Sen. Kelli Ward is seriously considering a run for the U.S. Senate against incumbent Republican John McCain—something that clearly has McCain rattled—she told Breitbart News in an exclusive interview while at the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) hosted by the American Conservative Union (ACU) in National Harbor, M.D., late last month.

“I’m still early in the process, this has just come to light publicly just about two and a half weeks ago,” Ward, a family physician who ran for state senate in 2012 and is now serving her second term, told Breitbart News.

I’m still in the early listening, thinking, learning and praying phase to kind of think about whether there’s a political pathway and a financial pathway to make this challenge because really it is a David and Goliath story. Obviously, it’s not something to just jump into lightly.

I’m still early in the process but the reason I’m considering it is because there’s an outcry from the people of Arizona for conservative leadership. They want something new. They want somebody new. They want somebody positive and passionate and persuasive and principled. They want all of those things and many of the people don’t feel like they’re getting it right now. They’re searching for someone.

She’s not the only one considering a run against McCain, but she’s the most public at this time—and has been public for at least a month now. Breitbart News can officially confirm here for the first time publicly that, according to a source close to him, Rep. Matt Salmon (R-AZ) is also seriously looking at a run for McCain’s seat.

“Is he looking at it? Yes he is. Yes he is,” a source close to Salmon told Breitbart News in an interview this week. ”But unlike his colleagues in the Arizona delegation, he’s not going to talk to the press about it. He’s not going to engage in speculation. It’s not some kind of a reflection of a lack of seriousness or anything, he’s had a lot of people encourage him to take a hard look at this seat and that’s what he’s doing.”

Many thought Rep. David Schweikert (R-AZ) or Paul Gosar (R-AZ) would make a run against McCain, but it’s looking increasingly likely neither will.

Read more on Breitbart

Views: 55

Replies to This Discussion

Mccain is one corrupt SOB and anyone who runs against him better be seasoned and tough in the ways of dirty politics.  The current push polling shows just how desperate he is and desperate corrupt people are scary.  I don't see Ward with the chops to stand up to McCain but Salmon has a better chance if he learned something when he lost to Napolitano.  I wonder if Ward is set up as a strawman.  Salmon is maybe more conservative than Ward

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

New Books added for you.

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service