BUSTED: Sen. John McCain’s Top Aide Coached the IRS and Lois Lerner on How to Harass & “Ruin” Conservative Groups

Judicial Watch today released newly obtained internal IRS documents, including material revealing that Sen. John McCain’s former staff director and chief counsel on the Senate Homeland Security Permanent Subcommittee, Henry Kerner, urged top IRS officials, including then-director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner, to “audit so many that it becomes financially ruinous.” Kerner was appointed by President Trump as Special Counsel for the United States Office of Special Counsel.

The explosive exchange was contained in notes taken by IRS employees at an April 30, 2013, meeting between Kerner, Lerner, and other high-ranking IRS officials. Just ten days following the meeting, former IRS director of exempt organizations Lois Lerner admitted that the IRS had a policy of improperly and deliberately delaying applications for tax-exempt status from conservative non-profit groups.

Lerner and other IRS officials met with select top staffers from the Senate Governmental Affairs Committee in a “marathon” meeting to discuss concerns raised by both Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI) and Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) that the IRS was not reining in political advocacy groups in response to the Supreme Court’s Citizens United decision. Senator McCain had been the chief sponsor of the McCain-Feingold Act and called the Citizens United decision, which overturned portions of the Act, one of the “worst decisions I have ever seen.”

In the full notes of an April 30 meeting, McCain’s high-ranking staffer Kerner recommends harassing non-profit groups until they are unable to continue operating. Kerner tells Lerner, Steve Miller, then chief of staff to IRS commissioner, Nikole Flax, and other IRS officials, “Maybe the solution is to audit so many that it is financially ruinous.” In response, Lerner responded that “it is her job to oversee it all:”

Continue reading...

Views: 207

Replies to This Discussion

I am not surprised and you can take it to the bank that other Senators knew this. 

I like knowing that my instincts and knowledge was correct all the way back when I carried petitions for the recall of McCain back in 2001 and spent my own money to produce and pass out bumper stickers at the gun show in Phoenix asking 

"Is John McCain the Manchurian Candidate?" I still think he is, and has been controlled by evil forces all these years. His is not the only elected office dedicated to evil, I wish he was. Pray God to expose the evil and let us gather knowledge and wisdom to vote for candidates who will not sell our country out and do these evil things. When we find inconsistency in a candidate, flip flopping, or outright lies call them out and no reason to feel bad about it. Say the truth and there is no evil in that. Let them tell the truth and we will have no call to oppose them for lies.

Most of us go about our lives, taking care of family and work, friends and associates because we are just regular folks.  We cannot fathom the evil that is John McCain.  Those in Congress who either refuse to acknowledge that evil or who don't care are enablers who must exist for a McCain to exist.  Instead of getting a proper comeuppance, McCain gets revered in public as a "war hero."  Those two words, war & hero, should never be spoken together about a man so evil.  Did the Viet Nam break his arms?  Or did they get broken when his plane came down and he's perpetuated just another myth about his "hero" status.  To fail to recognize the evil that is McCain is evil itself.  Why did no one stop this man?  Instead, they have glorified him. We tell the truth here.  The damage to this country by McCain is immeasurable.  War hero?  Such language does a grave disservice to real war heros.  Notice: Lyndsey Graham now appreciates, publicly, Pres Trump.  Could it be because he knows he no longer is bound up with this evil man?  Notice:  Doug Ducey is McCain's governor. Do not re-elect this man to be our governor.  He wants to be President, to do what McCain failed to do.  He, too, is evil for putting we the people aside to do McCain's work in AZ.

Once in McCain's clutches, you are never free.  He finds something to hold over those he befriends.  You may be right about Graham, I've been wondering why Graham is suddenly a champ for Trump.  Ducey is too stupid and also ignorant to realize what he's gotten himself into.  McCain is essentially gone but his machine lives on.  Ducey may be the heir apparent.  Vote Bennett

Over the last month or so I have made the decision to vote for Bennett in the primary. If he does not win being pragmatic in the general what choice do I have for governor? Democrat or republican? Guess who will get my vote.

Pat I think you are spot on when you say "Ducey may be the heir apparent." Cindy my be just a placeholder. Scoop I have heard is this is the case.

The only way I can think that may disrupt the  choking hold of the McCain political machine beyond McCains grave here in AZ iand the U.S. Senate is to do all we can to elect a candidate that is an outlier of that machine e.g. not a Flake or McCain.  That candidate is Dr Ward.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2018   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service