You know what they say about incoming... if you aren't over the target, they aren't after you. This is the establishment playing hardball with the AZGOP.  Clair Van Steewyk was the only conservative in the debate and the only non-politician.  Mack was barred from being there. Dirty politics at it's best.]

Sheriff Richard Mack for Congress

Press Release

For Immediate Release

January 24, 2018

Media contact: Howie Morgan (662) 832-8882 or Info@SheriffRichardMack.com

Arizona Republic Refuses to Allow Sheriff Mack in Candidate Debate

Newspaper joins with Establishment GOP to “shut out” candidate despite Second Largest Number of Signatures

Peoria, AZ – Despite being twice elected Sheriff in Arizona, having a longtime dedicated national following, and having the second largest number of signatures of any candidate running for Congress the 8th Congressional District Special Election – the Arizona Republic newspaper shut out Sheriff Richard Mack from participating in their online debate Wednesday night. Mack, a nationally known conservative leader who won a US Supreme Court case against President Clinton over the Brady Gun Bill, last week was refused onto the stage of a forum in Peoria.

Mack’s Campaign Manager Howie Morgan stated, “I don’t know how any so-called ‘legitimate’ news outlet can declare someone who has run so many times and often for multiple races at the same time – losing all of them – that the Arizona Legislature decides to pass a bill stopping that foolishness as a ‘legitimate’ candidate, but then deems a twice elected Arizona Sheriff with a national profile as not worthy to join the stage. The Arizona Republic did its best to make the Arizona GOP look like fools, and the candidates on the stage allowed that to happen.”

Sheriff Richard Mack stated, “It is outrageous that the political elite of the Republican Party still doesn’t understand why we in the grassroots cannot trust them to treat us with basic fairness. We are supposed to be the political party that is against picking winners and losers, but the Establishment just can’t help themselves. Only their crony friends with massive donors are allowed to play in what they always think is their own sandbox.”

“Long before I was elected Sheriff, I fought to protect the Constitution from those who would seek to usurp it,” Mack continued.  “I realize the political elite want to rig the system, but like President Trump we in Arizona have to ‘drain the swamp’ in the GOP as well.”

Since that landmark Supreme Court ruling Mack has written six books and appeared at over 120 conservative political rallies nationwide. He has stood against the incursions of the Federal Government and has fought for civil rights from Hawaii to Bangor, Maine. He is the Founder and President of the Constitutional Sheriffs and Peace Officers Association (CSPOA) and is in the NRA Hall of Fame.

-30-

Editor's note: the debate can be viewed here if you hurry

Sheriff Richard Mack is a candidate for Congress in the Arizona Special Election GOP Primary on February 27. 

Views: 232

Replies to This Discussion

Should we really be dumbfounded that the media is dictating public opinion?   

They have no legitimate excuse.  They are either 1) Biased, 2) Incompetent or 3) Both.

That's my kind assessment.

I vote for 3)Both  It's clear to me they are worried about Mack.  I'm on board with him but not in his district.  We have the former conservative and current faux-conservative Schweikert.

George:  AFA is not taking sides. We are just posting what we see happening.  There is no question that Richard Mack is deliberately being targeted by the establishment side of the AZ Republican party.  Other candidates have been invited to put us on their distribution list to provide us with their voting record if they have one, their experience that qualifications to be elected to this office and a bio if they want to post a bio.  So far, only Mack and Van Steenwyk have done that.  We did get a post from another candidate that was a shameless electioneering piece which we could not post as it did not fit our policy.  We told the candidate to resubmit in accordance with our policy which we laid out.  If they want to inform and not electioneer, we will post it.  

We will take sides at some point in the coming weeks, not as an endorsement but as our preference.

However, if being a reformed Democrat is any criteria, some of our most conservative team members would have to leave AFA because some were originally democrats.  Including President Trump.

RSS

THOUGHTS

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

POSTING POLICY:

NOTE:  Blog posts cannot be blasted to the membership.  Post in Opinions if you want your post to be blasted out.

Post on the correct tab that matches your topic.

Keep it brief and to the point.

Use the proper spelling and punctuation.

Please include the link to your source for the information you post.

Do not attack your fellow conservatives.

If you wouldn't say it to your mother, think twice before saying it here.

Follow these rules!

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

© 2022   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service