If you were on the call today, your expectations were high for a positive "YES, I'm running for Senate in Arizona as a Republican"  from Daniel McCarthy.  He said many times what "they" are doing to discourage him, but he will not be intimidated.

So is he IN?  Is he OUT?

We don't know.  He demurred and said he was not ready to make a decision!!! OY!

Tonight, we will publish a transcript of the conversation.  Look for that if you are curious.

Views: 291

Replies to This Discussion

I was invited to listen to the call today and I believe he is giving it serious consideration.  Daniel said he is thorough in all he does so I'm sure he does want to hear what people around the state have to say before jumping into the political arena.  I, for one, will be supporting him when he does make his official announcement. 

I believe he's doing his due diligence, however the one thing needed is #'s and he I believe has a built in % of at least 40 - 45%, as that's what Mc Sally couldn't and didn't get in the primary against Joe & Ward and believe she still won't get them in the next one as well, so that leaves say 6 - 8% more needed to win the Primary, I hope a decision is made soon as time between the Early Ballots is only 10 months away and signatures must be turned in by end of April due to new dates for elections in 2020 and as far as dates go less the 1 yr. before the actual polls open in August of next year, and of course need to get the support of people through out the State and that can only be done once announced as most won't get on board before the train leaves the station.

I also realize it seems as though no else is running and may also be waiting to see who does, this could cost that person the time they'd need as well should Daniel decide not to run although when listening to comments seems like he's already decided that Mc Sally can't beat Kelly in the General, so hope all will encourage him to make his decision as quickly as possible. God Bless You All; Clair Van Steenwyk 

What you say Van is right on the mark. Daniel would get my support. Time is crucial -- we need a strong conservative movement to beat Kelly.

Patricia:

I pray you and everyone will be catious in jumping on any political candidates bandwagon. America's problem is that too many people refuse to acknowledge the importance of James 4:17 and to honor the passage by doing what is right. Politicians are notable for this and every candidate should be thoroughly vetted before being supported. I sent Mr. McCarthy a copy of the questions I find important in trying to determine their position on significant issues. I have yet to receive a reply. But even if a candidate gives you the right answers it provides no guarantees that they will honor their oath to support the Constitution. Unfortunately, most politicians have little integrity. I might add that I hand carried a copy of my book to  McSally today along with several questions and papers covering the need to exit the UN, bring monetary policy into compliance with the Constitution and shedding America and Americans of the ungodly, unconstitutional, enslaving and unpayable debt we theoretically owe as a result of present policy if America is to be in control of its own destiny and in a position to MAGA, the threat of Islam, why it is we no longer have a 2nd amendment right and border security issues. If and when I get any response I will post it.

I AM HOPING AND PRAYING DANIEL WILL GET IN THE RACE....HE IS AN AMAZING YOUNG MAN WHO HAS THE CONSERVATIVE VALUES....MUCH IS AT STAKE SHOULD HE RUN.....HE HAS 4 YOUNG CHILDREN WHO DON'T DESERVE TO TAKE ABUSE LIKE IS GIVEN TO TRUMP KIDS + A VERY COMFORTABLE LIFE.....HE LOVES OUR COUNTRY AND WOULD BE SUCH A TERRIFIC SENATOR.....PLEASE DO NOT SIGN A PETITION FOR MARTHA MC (CAIN) SALLY....SHE IS NOT A TRUE CONSERVATIVE AND IS A TOTAL LOSER + SHE DIDN'T SUPPORT PRESIDENT TRUMP ON MANY VOTES WHILE IN THE HOUSE....THIS IS A VERY DIFFICULT DECISION TO MAKE FOR ANYONE,,,,UNFORTUNATELY POLITICS HAS BECOME SUCH A DIRTY DISASTER.....

Note:  Anyone who might be signing McSally's petition today at her gathering, originally called something like a Women's Happy Hour with Marth McSally but now has dropped the "women" out of the title apparently, can retract that signature.  They can contact the McSally campaign and request it be removed or you can sign one for McCarthy, if he decides to run.  The rule, if challenged is the one with the most recent date prevails.  The best would be to withdraw your signature.  Otherwise, it may count for both candidates, cancelling yourself out!  Best: don't sign any petition for a candidate you are not absolutely sure you want as YOUR lawmaker!

Signatures only count once, if you sign two petitions the 1st one is counted and 2nd thrown out, unless of course the law changed, the only real way is to fill out a form and have signature removed and then sign the new one, in fact the candidate or someone getting signatures could carry the form with them, but it is a good deal of trouble and most voters won't take the time to do it and also feel obligated to keep their word even if the change their minds, best solution is to get the 1st one, hope all know they have two different primary dates one date until Aug 27, 2019 and then the after that the new primary date set up by the new law.
God Bless You; Clair Van Steenwyk

You are correct, mostly, Clair.  We erred in our post.  Here is the statute:

16-321C  

If an elector signs more nomination petitions than permitted by subsection A of this section, the earlier signatures of the elector are deemed valid, as determined by the date of the signature as shown on the petitions.  If the signatures by the elector are dated on the same day, all signatures by that elector on that day are deemed invalid.  Any signature by that elector on a nomination petition on or after the date of the last otherwise valid signature is deemed invalid and shall not be counted.

I am at fault with my earlier post for AFA.  Here's why: a couple of elections ago, my sister signed a petition for a candidate.  A few weeks later, a new candidate in the same race came on the scene that she really liked and she then signed that petition too.  She was told, and she told me, her last signature date on the petition was the valid one.  Neither she nor I questioned that statement.  I should have consulted statutes.  I apologize for my error.  What is a true statement is the unlikelyhood that duplicates will be found unless the matter is pressed and more than the usual sample is taken.  It will happen from time to time but not very often.  Be cautious whose petitions you sign this far out.  In this particular race, if McCarthy gets in, I think every signature will be scrutinized.

Thanks for this information.

Thanks for your post Sue and a big thumbs up!

Praying he decides quickly. 

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

New Books added for you.

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service