Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ) on Friday introduced a motion to condemn and censure House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff (D-CA) for performing a fabricated conversation between President Donald Trump and Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky during his opening statement at a panel hearing Thursday morning.

“During yesterday’s hearing, Chairman Schiff’s opening statement included a blatantly false retelling of President Trump’s conversation with the Ukrainian president. Democrats previously initiated an impeachment inquiry, which leads to one of the most serious, constitutional duties of Members of Congress: removal of the President of the United States,” Biggs, a member of the House Judiciary Committee, said in a statement. Through this process, if the President has committed high crimes or misdemeanors, Congress may overturn the election of the President and the will of the American people. It is therefore inexcusable to toy with the process and mislead the American public with such a statement.”

Although the White House released Wednesday a transcript of the Trump-Zelensky call, Schiff made-up his own transcript that he read ahead of the testimony of acting DNI chief Joseph Maguire in which he accused the president of engaging in quid pro quo with the intent of exchanging U.S. military aid to Ukraine for an investigation into Hunter Biden, the son of former Vice President and 2020 White House hopeful Joe Biden.

“We’ve been very good to your country. Very good. No other country has done as much as we have. But you know what? I don’t see much reciprocity here. I hear what you want. I have a favor I want from YOU though. And I’m going to say this only seven times so you better listen good,” said Schiff.

Continue reading...

Views: 112

Replies to This Discussion

He needs to be censured, however I do believe most Political Savvy people know this is a waist of time, the Dems control the House and Committees so this makes for good Political Theater and a nice sound bite on TV and certain it will get some coverage,however it will go nowhere as usual.

The fact that he introduced it is, nevertheless, a shot in the right direction.  There has been very little of this kind of action to date.  Political Theater or not, I think it was a welcome effort and others may begin responding to similar efforts.  It's the system we've got, unfortunately, and ignoring such a gauche move by Schiff and not calling him out for it publicly would, I think, would not take advantage of a clear opportunity to show up the Left's willingness to lie publicly.

Bingo, Eric.  We can't worry about whether something may or may not happen.  I'm still p.o. at our legislature for screwing up our kids ed because our legislature voted to remove language about teaching heterosex was normal or some stupid thing.  Legislators said they would lose in court anyway. They just rolled over and every one was furious.  Now Biggs is making a stir and we sure as hell better support him for NOT rolling over.  To say it is political theater is short sighted.  It sends a message that the R's might have a backbone.  We are a sorry country if we don't stand up to this domestic terrorism against Trump. Congratulations, Cong. Biggs!

Good try Andy! The dem majority controlled house has turned the lights off for republican members. Political theater sure but at least Andy went of the left script and wrote in his own line in the play. 

Great! We have the Swamp simply because WE the PEOPLE have neglected our every two year obligation to elect honest and earnest representatives!!!  Yes, it begins with OUR local and state reps WE send to town and state offices!!! THANK YOU Andy!!  And remarks below tells sadly so.

Censuring is a good start ..... to be followed by discrediting, indicting and removal from office.

While you guys debate the merits of this action by Congressman Biggs, here's my humble opinion: we know he has no power to bring that to a floor vote but he can bring it to a vote of his caucus.  Then it goes on the record. It disputes on the record that the words were not said in the transcript.  When Rs take back the House, and they will, this becomes evidence of his outrageous behavior that goes beyond his made up fake story he read into the record for eternity.  Oh, he said, he knows it was a parody but history probably won't know that.  Which I think is why he did it. Now old Pelosi is in trouble for going on msnbc and stating what he read were actual words in the transcript.  Packing one lie on the other.  this will be their final undoing.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

New Books added for you.

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service