I. Appoint an investigator who’s a hold-over from the Obama administration

But, don’t announce the appointment right away, in order to avoid fanfare from the media, and scrutiny from those suffering from critical thinking.

Sometime in the Fall of 2017, according to The Hill, “Attorney General Jeff Sessions quietly tapped [John] Huber—apparently last fall—to work in tandem with the Justice Department’s inspector general to determine whether conservative allegations of abuse at the FBI and the Justice Department merit investigation.” (bolded emphasis added here and below)

Here’s Huber’s basic vita:  “John W. Huber (born 1967) is an American lawyer who has served as the United States Attorney for the District of Utah since June 2015. He was first nominated for the position by President Barack Obama in February 2015. Huber offered his resignation in March 2017 at the request of the Trump administration. However, United States Attorney General Jeff Sessions subsequently appointed Huber as interim U.S. Attorney under the Federal Vacancies Reform Act. Huber was renominated by President Donald Trump in June 2017. On August 3, 2017, he was unanimously confirmed by the United States Senate to an additional four-year term as a U.S. Attorney.”

Skepticism concerning Huber’s appointment surfaced early. Again, from The Hill came this:

One former senior Justice Department official called the appointment ‘window dressing ... more aimed at placating Congress than anything else.’ Brett Tolman, who was the U.S. attorney for Utah prior to Huber and a former counsel in the Senate Judiciary Committee under Hatch, also said the appointment is ‘form over substance... to pacify those that might be clamoring for [a second special counsel].’”

With his contrary opinion, George Washington University Law Professor Jonathan Turley approved of the Huber sayingappointment that, “by having Huber work with the Department of Justice, the administration is combining all the work of the DOJ inspector general and previous investigations, with an active prosecutor who can quickly bring charges, seek indictments, and get results for President Trump—far more quickly than a second special counsel could.”

Turley called Session’s move “brilliant.” That’s what he said.

The Professor’s reasoning sounds…professorial. But, unfortunately, nothing came quickly, or even at all, from Huber and the DOJ inspector general collaborating—if they ever did.

Utah U.S. Senator Orin Hatch strongly endorsed Huber’s nomination. Uranium mining is an important industry in Utah.

Continue reading...

Views: 114

Replies to This Discussion

"Corruption, thy name is Congress"!

Yep the swamp creatures are hidden from most of us just like the Wizard of Oz was behind the cloak of deceit. Huber has always been a question mark for me JUST AS Christopher Wray is at the FBI. Remember it was the FBI that confiscated the Hillary private server ... and we'd heard nothing about it from Wray except that it's "under investigation". How about the charges that are plain as a sunny day.

Trump has better look under the covers of his "loyal" practitioners. Maybe he should threaten to put tariffs on their paychecks.

There seems to be enough proven information to jail Hillary for at least 20 years.  It amazes me that nothing at all seems to get done.

I am still trying to figure out why I was bamboozled by Jeff Sessions while he served in Congress. I liked old Jeff then. Only thing I have come up with thus far was that Sessions was unfit for the office of Attny General, over his head. 

I am thinking that Barr knows that the fellow who is highlighted in this article is as useless as a Beagle going down an empty rabbit hole.

RSS

THOUGHTS

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click for **BLOW YOUR MIND READING LIST**  

New Books added for you.

The best in books to make every conservative start thinking in new ways about America and the world being controlled by the Obama Administrations AND Republicans and Democrats.  Some surprises are in store for those who look!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Suppose the earth and its inhabitants exist in order to identify just what causes mankind continually to suffer so many troublesome problems and afflictions.

GOD, PLEASE BLESS AMERICA!  AMERICA, PLEASE BLESS GOD.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO PRAY, KEEP ON PRAYING. HE HAS HEARD OUR CRY AND HE IS ANSWERING.

##########################

© 2019   Created by Arizona Freedom Alliance.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service